“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 57 Hotels in Ciutadella
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed at Los Delfines for 2 weeks all inclusive at the end of August beginning of September.

We stayed in the hotel (room 325) and can't fault the hotel. Room was cleaned daily, bedding and towels changed every day as well. The hotel itself was clean and tidy throughout and as many others have noted the staff do an exceptional job, are very friendly and polite and deserve a pay rise.

The food was good at all meals and I can't complain at all about it. The menu works on a weekly rotation so if you are there for over 7 days then yes you will start to see the same choices but this is what I have seen before in all inclusive.

The pool bar is good and Elsi that works there is great. The only problem worth mentioning I found is the opening hours of the pool bar as it closed most days at 160 despite the main pool still being busy until 1830 most nights.

I'have read comments regarding a "free for all"over getting a sun bed etc in the morning. I never once witnessed this and yes people wait to get a sun bed but so what. Guests are actually forced to be out waiting since the hotel decide to lock the beds up at night. Personally I think the beds should just be left out and straightened up/tidied at the end of the day but as I say I never encountered a problem getting a bed during the holiday. It is a good point to note though that the quieter pool is the main pool with the pool bar as the bar pool next to the hotel is where most of the daytime entertainment takes place such as water polo etc so if you want a bit more peace and quiet then use the main pool.

The entertainment team were fantastic. They work stupidly long hours and give it their best. I agree with the comments that of an evening, the entertainment really is based at the kids. I do think there should be more adult orientated ents later on in the evening. Also, it is a bit strange being dressed up and sat drinking out of plastic cups regardless whether your drinking soft drinks, wine, beer or spirits.

Anyways, to sum it up, Los Delfines is a lovely hotel and we'd definately return again.

Room Tip: Room 325 looks out towards Ciutadella and away from the pool, and with it being on top floor, you do...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank tom197
HiHotels, Gerente at SunConnect Apartamentos Los Delfines, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Tom197,

First of all thank you for take your time to evaluate our hotel and your stay at Los Delfines. We are happy that you are satisfated of your stay at our hotel.

Also, thank you for the kind comments about our staff because they work hard to make our clients holidays as good as possible.

We take note of the suggestions about the night entertaiment and we do all our best to find a solution.

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed at the Los Delfines in the first week of September and I have to say I was disappointed at first. Given the ammount of money we paid for a week all inclusive I was expecting better standards, we certainly didn't get what we paid for.
The positive points are - cleanliness - the hotel was clean and tidy. The staff were always friendly and helpful particularly the cheerful lady who worked the pool bar during the day and also the manager Biel. All the staff appeared to be very hard working. The pool area was very pleasant and we did enjoy laughing at those people who went out early to wait for the sunbeds to be unlocked and their mad scramble to 'bag' their favourite spots. I prefered the bigger pool nearer the apartments, the pool near the main bar was far to over crowded and rowdy. I like to relax on holiday and not have to listen to other peoples raucousness, so it was good that we had the choice of relative peacefulness.

The negative points of the hotel are - the food - whilst the food was edible, I am sure any restaurant manager ought to aim to produce food that was more than just edible. There wasn't much choice and I have much better all inclusive provisions in other hotels. The food was quite repetative and bland and the deserts were very disappointing. It would have been nice to have had a bar service in the restaurant in the evening. The only choice of drinks was small glasses of water or red and white wine. I think the food offered at breakfast was the best. Unfortunately we had to eat out a number of times which is something which I hadn't budgeted for as being all inclusive I didn't expect to have to do this. Fortunately there were plenty of lovely restaurants in the resort. Another negative was that all the drinks were served in plastic glasses even hot drinks like tea and coffee. I can fully understand the need for this especially during the day whilst people are drinking around the pool and limits the risk of injury from smashed glass, but during the evening it would have been nice to have had proper glasses or cups. Another gripe was the level of entertainment - most of it aimed at children during the early evening which is fine but it didn't really improve much as the evening wore on. Don't get me wrong the entertainment staff were lovely and worked really hard but the entertainment they provided was a bit amatureish. It would have been nice to have had some professional entertainment a couple of nights (and please never ever parrot shows or magicians!). Children were well catered for as far as entertainment was concerned but we were travelling in a large party of adults and there wasn't much to keep us interested.

Maybe the unappetising food and poor entertainment was a cunning ploy by management to drive people out of the hotel in effort to save money.

Cala'n Forcat was a lovely resort with lots to see and some lovely walks and bike rides. The nearby town of Ciutadella was beautiful and I went there a number of times. I would definately go back to this resort I would just choose a different hotel.

If I had spent £300 on this holiday I would have said I got what I paid for and would have been satisfied. However I spent nearer £500 and it just wasn't worth it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank smanth2013
Dear Jon&Teresa,

Thank you very much for comming back to Los Delfines and to get the time to write such a nice comment.

I would personally comunicate to all the staff your comments, they do their best to make everyone’s holiday as good as possible.

We hope to see you again back in Menorca.

Kindest Regards,
Stalybridge Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Just returned from our 5th visit to this Hotel & yet again had a lovely 10 Days All Inclusive. What can i say? the Hotel was Spotless as always, the Room was Spotless & Comfortable, the Restaurant was Spotless & served good food that was very well presented. The Staff at EVERY Level were very pleasant & helpful, right from the Manager who was a lovely bloke, the Reception Staff were always smiling & very helpful, Antonio & his Restaurant Staff were very pleasant & helpful, The Bar Staff were excellent, as were the Entertainers & even the Lifeguard & Cleaners had time to talk. A Special Mention to Naomi, Alvaro, Glen, Maurizio, Esther, Roser, Eli, Noel, Antonio, Patricia & Jose. Thank You very much to you all for making our Holiday a Great one!

Room Tip: Our Room was East facing & Peaceful, great to watch the Sunrise!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shedbuilder123
HiHotels, Gerente at SunConnect Apartamentos Los Delfines, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear guest,

Many thanks to take your time to write about your holiday, and for trust with us once again.
Thank you very much for your very kind comments specially towards our staff.
We are all glad that you had such a lovely time.

We are looking forward to welcoming once again.
Ballyclare, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Sorry for the delay in posting a review but this is the first chance I've got to do it !!
Myself and my hubby spent the first week of September at Los Delfines Hotel and stayed all inclusive. We love our stay here and will definitely be returning next year. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are cleaned and made up every day, if you wish for clean towels you just leave the old ones in the shower tray and the get replaced. The staff were very helpful and friendly and although we always try and speak a little Spanish there is no need because they all speak very good English. The food was good, especially the desserts (my husband says)......we always had a good choice and variety and never ate the same thing twice!! The entertainment team - well what can I say.....they are second to none, Glenn, Naomi and Alvaro were the highlight of our holiday. They need a huge payrise :-) They work very hard and we were entertained from dawn to dusk. We loved the daily quizzes, especially as your neighbouring holiday maker marked your answers which meant you got to speak to other folk. But the highlight of the day was the water polo. We would turn one of our sunbeds and both sit there with a wee beer and watch the action....it was great craic :-) Please visit Los Delfines you'll just love it.

Well done all and we'll see you next year......

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mummygillian
Dear guest,

Many thanks for taking the time and commented your stay at Los Delfines, also thank you very much for your very kind comments.
We are very happy that you had a great time with us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you once again.

Kind Regards
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

we returned home on the 16th of september after spending two weeks here all inclusive. we had apartment D110, we went in and was disgusted!! at the room, i read some reviews before we went and took into consideration that the rooms were dated, however the bath had rust along the edge, the shower hose was rusty and the shower head was caked in scale,there was a dirty drain smell constantly in the bathroom. The whole apartment smelt damp and musty, looking closer at the ceiling's it looked like brown mould patches all over was coming through the emulsion. also there was no air conditioning!The shower ran cold after 5 minutes, we complained about this twice and was told we had to wait at least 15 minutes for the emersion heater to warm up,which is a real pain when getting ready for the evening. after two days we ran out of toilet rolls, my motherinlaw happened to see the rep (dawn)and told her we had no toilet rolls and she told us to go to the supermarket as they were only 25c. The food was edible, but there was not much variety,also the only drinks available in the dining room was a small glass of water which is very bad as we were all inclusive. the pool bar did do hot snacks but u had to buy them again this is no good when your all-inclusive. The cleaners only emptied the bins, never mopped the floors.we only had clean towels 3 times in two weeks and one was blood stained. The bed sheets were only changed once on the 7th september in two weeks and the one sheet on my daughters bed was threadbare. i have been to many all inclusives and never had bad service like this. the only good thing is the bar staff are very pleasant especially ella who worked in the pool bar, the entertainment team worked hard but it would have been nice to have had a game of bingo or a professional entertainer occasionally. I cannot understand why all the reviews are so good, it must be a fix as most of the people we spoke to were also unhappy with this place. there was also dog excrement an all the pavements so i will not be going back to this island again!!

Room Tip: if you do want to go or have already booked go in the hotel NOT the aprtments!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank verna h
HiHotels, Gerente at SunConnect Apartamentos Los Delfines, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear guest,

We are grateful you took the time and trouble to write about you holiday. We take your comments very seriously and they do help to imrpove our standards and services.

I am sorry that on certain levels your holiday did not live up to your expectations. I hope I can address all the points that you have raised.

We know that holidays are special and do our best to make them completely enjoyable.

West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Having previously been to Cala N Forcat 7 years ago, and stayed just around the corner from here, this time we thought we would give Los Delfines a try this time. We have always gone Self Catering as it is quite seldom to find a hotel which can cater for 4 fussy kids for every meal, and knowing that there's a good 20 or so family friendly restaurants within 5/10 minutes walk from Los Delfines, there's little point in us paying for All Inclusive.

The Resort: Cala N Forcat is a VERY family friendly resort, with every restaurant offering a good kids menu and entertainment/play areas ranging from trampolines, bouncy castles, and slides/play frames to ride ons and crazy golf (most of which is usually free to customers). The main strip is literally one long road, with bars, restaurants, "supermarkets", cafes, and shops along it, with the resort's water park being at one end (directly behind Los Delfines Hotel/Appartments). Speaking of the water park - prices are 20E per adult and 10E per child, sun loungers and shades are a reasonable 2.80E each. Your rep can sell you cheap deals if you book 2 days (ours offered 27E and 15E), however this year (Im not sure about other years so check it out when you get there) as it came to the end of season, the park offered you a FREE "return as many times as you like" ticket when you purchased direct from them, so we ended up going 3 times, with the 2nd and 3rd being completely free (clearly they bank on you spending money when you're there!).

The Hotel: Clean, friendly, and inviting. What more do you want? The main areas of the hotel, bar, pool, restaurant etc were always immaculately clean and tidy and cleaning/maintenance staff were always floating around keeping on top of things. Reception, restaurant, and bar staff all spoke good English, even the life guard gave it a good go, so you're never left confused. Staff and reps were always helpful and friendly. There's a few computers for accessing the Internet so you can check your emails etc if you wish, however I never saw anyone using them, possibly because you need to pay whereas most of the restaurants and bars on the strip offer free wifi!. As I say, we didnt go All Inclusive, but at 6.50E (adults) and 3.50E (kids) for the all you can eat/drink buffet breakfast, we did venture in for that a few times, and were fairly impressed. A good variety of hot food, cereals, fruits, breads, yogurts, cakes etc was always to hand, as was help yourself coffee, tea, and "fresh" juice. The menus for lunch and evening meal weren't quite as varied, and didnt look that appealing, so we avoided and had excellent food elsewhere in the resort instead. Unfortunately (possibly because we went during the first week of UK term time) there was only a few organised activities for the kids to do during the day, but the pool kept ours entertained anyway.

The Rooms: This is where we felt a little let down. The apartment are in 3 blocks of 2 or 3 storeys high around the pools, and every one has a view of the pool from the balcony. The hotel itself is about 8 storeys high i think, but we stayed in the apartments so can't comment on the hotel rooms. Our room was tidy, bright and airy, but no air con meant that even in September, it became quite hot and stuffy on an evening (reception do offer to hire you a fan, but one fan in a 3 room apartment would be rather pointless so we just opened the windows. The resort can be quite noisy until about midnight, but this is a small price to pay for fresh air circulating through your apartment. Cooking facilities were quite poor - 2 electric rings, a microwave and toaster is your lot, and the hob can only cater for one big ban and one small, so dont plan any extravagant dinners. Hot water is good for one bath or a couple of showers, then needs a good few hours to brew again. The lounge area is well equipped and roomy enough - a sofa and pull out camp bed, and table with 5 chairs plus more plastic patio furniture on the balcony, a coffee table and tv showing a variety of programmes (our kids even got into the Spanish cartoons which were showing!). The beds were...hmmm...varied - the pushed together singles in the main bedroom were on divan type bases with VERY hard mattresses, whereas the beds in the 2nd bedroom were slatted frames with cheaper than cheap sprung mattresses. Still, I suppose it caters for all firmness likes :-)

Overall: An excellent base and resort for families, only really let down by a few picky bits in the room itself. We are already planning our return trip to the island, and Los Delfines is certainly on our list of accommodations to compare.

Top Tips: Check out the water park's own offers BEFORE buying from your rep. Be sure to head to Pirates Cove beach for shallow kid and snorkelling friendly waters, good sand, and a couple of beach bars. Avoid Spar and other branded supermarkets...there's a local supermarket at the back of the complex (behind block C) which is A LOT cheaper and closer! And finally, dont stick to the same restaurants every day, there's just too much choice for you to miss - L'Ancora just through the blue arch on the main strip is a must though.

Room Tip: If you have a pushchair, specifically request a ground or 1st floor apartment as 2nd floor apartment...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank benji96m
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and commented about your stay at Los Delfines.

Your comments are very vluable to us and give us the chance to constantly adjust our services to the needs and expectations of our guests.

We are very happy that you had a good time in Menorca, and enjoyed both the resort and also our complex.

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again at Los Delfines.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Two adults and a four year old, we had an excellent week here staying on the first floor of the hotel on an all inclusive basis.

The staff are really friendly, always helpful, the entertainment team are tireless (special mention to Naomi!)

The hotel is very, very clean, safe and well ran.

The all inclusive food was varied, plentiful and refreshed often (Noel the restaurant manager is a Gentlemen, very professional)

The resort is great, ideal for young families, excellent bars & restaurants, there is plenty to do here, walks to the local beaches, waterpark and excursions.

All in all, we had a lovely holiday, met some lovely people and would recommend the hotel and resort to friends and family.

1 Thank TrojanRoamer82
Dear guest,

Many thanks for taking the time and writing your comments about your stay at Los Delfines.

I am glad that you had such a lovely time here, and enjoyed both the resort and our hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again.

Best wishes.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ciutadella
SunConnect Hotel Los Delfines
Hotel Apartamentos Princesa Playa
HYB Sea Club
HYB Sea Club
#11 of 57 in Ciutadella

Been to SunConnect Apartamentos Los Delfines? Share your experiences!