Lovely hotel, we would return if we were coming back to Menorca.
The buffet had a good selection of food and we even found food for our 7 month old son. Breakfast had cereals, fruit, toast, eggs, bacon, sausages and pastries. Drinks of juice, water, teas, coffee and hot chocolate are included. The lunch buffet is smaller but still includes soup, salad, freshly cooked meat, fish and pasta. Drinks are payable separately. You can swap your evening meal for lunch if you're half board and want to go to a restaurant elsewhere which is what we did a couple of times. The evening buffet is similar to lunch but offers more hot food and desserts. Again all drinks are payable separately.
Lovely hotel, very clean, has wifi (but very poor signal in our room). We borrowed a kettle for a €10 deposit and you can get cups from the bar and coffee, tea and sugar sachets from breakfast. The safe is €2 a day plus a €5 deposit. You get towels for the sun loungers from the lifeguard and he'll swap them everyday (supposed to be 9-10am but he'll change them at other times if you need them). The supermarket on site is ok but it's better to go to the one at the back of the hotel as it's cheaper and has a better selection. The beach is only a couple of minutes walk and there's a coastal walk to the marina. The bus stop is just across the road from the hotel entrance and you can get to Ciutadella for €1.95 an adult, the market is on Fridays and Saturdays although we weren't impressed with the market.
The hotel entertainment seemed good but our 7month old baby went to bed earlier than it started so we just listened from our balcony. The hotel bar is nice to have a drink and the food at the pool bar is reasonable for the price. If you drink at the pool you're better buying cans of beer as it's €3.25 per pint from the pool bar (and you don't get a full pint in the plastic cups).
Overall we had a fantastic holiday and would recommend the hotel to all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Apart-Hotel situated in an exclusive and privileged area of the “Paseo Marítimo” of Marbella. In front of the Sea, between the sports and fishing harbours, only five minutes walking distance to the old town and 5 Km. away from Puerto Banús. The Princesa Playa offers 100 rooms apartment studios fully equiped wih the most modern facilites for your comfort. 24 hours hall-reception, meeting room, reading lounge, cafeteria, terrace-bar and outside swimming pool, heated during the winter. Totally refurbished in year 2006. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, LoveHolidays and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Apartamentos Princesa Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Princesa Playa Ciudadela
- Apartamentos Princesa Playa Hotel
- Princesa Playa
- Hotel Apartamentos Princesa Playa Spain/Minorca