The princesa playa hotel is fantastic, but there are a few (outside of the hotels control) issues that I feel will be important for some people who may have trouble walking but like to get about. You will find this at the end as I don't want to tarnish how good this hotel is.
We were on a half board holiday June 20th for 10 nights.
Hotel room 244
This is a lovely room on the 2nd floor over looking the pool. Some may think this may be noisy, but the double glazed patio doors onto the balcony do a great job. Proper double bed with blanket and sheet. Fridge in the room. Safe also in the room (€2 a day with €5 euro deposit), air conditioning is also good. Bath with shower overhead, large bench sink, toilet and b'day. The room was cleaned daily, and they done a very good job of it.
The pool area.
This is lovely with a large main pool, smaller raised pool, separate jacuzzi, separate child's pool with barrier to main pool. The water was a nice temperature to cool off in. There are plenty of sun beds (get the towels out early if you need a parasol) as these can not be moved. The tiled floor around the pool can get hot so be careful with small children walking bare foot, but don't let this put you off. There is a pool bar with good prices (for a hotel) that also serves food between 12:30 and 3:00. We ate in there once and the food was of a good standard. There are games around the pool for the adults at set times throughout the day. You can win sparkling wine on these games.
This is a buffet style for both breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are plenty of choices on all meal times. (yes chips are available every day, but they have to cater for every taste). The food is lovely, tasty and we'll cooked. Tea, coffee, juice is available at breakfast, but you have to buy (unless your all inclusive) your drinks for lunch and dinner. A bottle of still water is €2 if you want to spend a little less. The waiters are busy all the time and tables are cleared and re-set all the time, we never had to wait for a table. There are also tables outside for the smokers.
Bar and entertainment area.
This is large with plenty of tabled seating areas. The bar is very well stocked and at a reasonable price (some extra charged on some drinks if your all inclusive) but the local drinks are nice. There is entertainment every night (done by the hotel staff) including a kids disco.
The reception, corridors, toilets, and outside spaces are of a fantastic standard. The floors are very shiny but I didn't slip on any of them, the reception area is very clean, as are the toilets, there are outside seating areas that are in the shade and very cool and clean if you wish to get out of the sun. There is also a small library and Internet access available. There is free wifi throughout, they give you a user and password at the reception when you check in. All of the staff are clean, polite and very helpful.
Although we didn't have children with us, it seems they are very well catered for. There are 2 kids clubs, and lots of play areas, including a very shallow pool area which is barriered off from the main pool.
Like I said, the hotel is fantastic, we thoroughly enjoyed our time here.
Now for those down sides, as I said, nothing to do with the hotel but worth noting if this will affect you.
It's about a 15 minute walk to the harbour where the bars and restaurants are, the pavements can leave a lot to desire, uneven and with holes. The pavements are very high. Be careful if walking at night as the street lamps turn off around 12pm, leaving it very dark. There are some good pavements though. Taxi's can be called if required (unsure of the prices)
The beach is about 5 minutes walk away, the pavements are Ok for that walk.
There is also no tobacco shop on the resort. Closest is in Ciutadella, about 20 minutes on the bus, costs €1.95. There are about 10 gift and clothes shopping shops, but there are plenty of supermarket type shops if you are going self catering.
Finally my hints and tips.
To get to the beach, go out the back of the hotel behind the self catering apartments and turn right. The beach is behind the shops (which are also the closest for self caterers)
To go to the harbour (which is lovely) go out the front of the hotel and walk straight ahead (don't go left or right) and keep walking to the end of the road. Then turn right and walk, the roads to the left take you to the harbour area and shops and restaurants.
Once again, a fantastic, clean, well catered, friendly hotel. Would recommend it highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Apart-Hotel situated in an exclusive and privileged area of the “Paseo Marítimo” of Marbella. In front of the Sea, between the sports and fishing harbours, only five minutes walking distance to the old town and 5 Km. away from Puerto Banús. The Princesa Playa offers 100 rooms apartment studios fully equiped wih the most modern facilites for your comfort. 24 hours hall-reception, meeting room, reading lounge, cafeteria, terrace-bar and outside swimming pool, heated during the winter. Totally refurbished in year 2006. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Apartamentos Princesa Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Princesa Playa Ciudadela
- Apartamentos Princesa Playa Hotel
- Princesa Playa
- Hotel Apartamentos Princesa Playa Spain/Minorca