“No way 4 star, more like 2 star”

and 1 more site!
Vacances Menorca Resort
Ranked #43 of 57 Hotels in Ciutadella
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
“No way 4 star, more like 2 star”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The only positive point I can make about this place is that the staff are very nice and friendly.. I have no issue with the food as there is choice. However having to queue to get into the canteen (definitely not a restaurant), queue for food and then queue for ages to get a drink is pretty frustrating! The rooms all need revamping - ours in particular was awful! The bedroom was damp and was extremely uncomfortable. There were many floor tiles cracked and the sanitary ware needs replacing too! All pool areas are a hazard as there are so many broken paving slabs, which had been fixed but very badly, causing people to trip. Around the baby pool the decking needs replacing as it's come away from the tiles it was attached to, leaving jagged cement!

If you were thinking that you might like to venture out, don't bother as there is nothing apart from one bar.

I could say loads more, as you see I am not at all impressed. This holiday cost 4 star money but a 3 star rating would be very generous

Room Tip: All I know is our room was awful. We looked out on 4 walls! You couldn't even see the sky from...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Joanne J
zennon, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Vacances Menorca Resort, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Firstly, I would like to thank you for choosing VACANCES MENORCA RESORT. and our facilities for your holidays.

We comply with the current regulations in the apartments and external public areas.
We are a Resort ant all the apartments are the same facilities the only thing that changes it's de decoration.

The Resort has 3 Restaurants, 3 Bars, a Reception where you can express your suggestions or/and drawbacks, 3 adult pools and 4 kids pools.

About the pools, we always say and the information written in the All Inclusive that: for your safety please do not use glass bottles or glasses around the swimming pool, instead ask for your drink to be served in a special plastic glass. Do not run in the pool areas.

At around the Resort there is a bar, and walk along the coast (7min) there is an area with some resturants, and from the hotel you can go to the center in 20min or also take a taxi (5min) or bus (10/15min).

However thanks for writing about your experience and we will consider your opinion for improvement.

Sheila Gordo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Czech first
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and my two children (aged12and 16) are currently here ( room 1012), having booked a last min deal 3days before travelling I wasn't expecting too much, given the price I paid, however I am pleasantly surprised!! We were picked up by our coach outside the airport and told by our Thompson rep that we were 3rd drop off, after about 40-45 mins we were thrown off the coach at blanc palace 2, to be told that we were n fact staying at blac palace 1 which was around the corner and over the road! On first impressions I was thinking how nice blanc palace 2 looked and was slightly disappointed that we wasn't staying there. However on entering the large reception area of blanc palace 1 we were met by the lovely receptionist who checked us in and gave us directions to our one bed self catering apartment. There is a very open feel to the public areas of the hotel with the rooms being in open air foyers with Palm trees, ok so a lick of paint in the public areas where rooms are wouldn't go a miss but overall it's pleasant enough! So we get to our room and there is a small kitchenette, two ring hob, fridge, and cupboard space with enough cups and plates to do a small family. The living area I'd fairly small but enough for us 3 with a patio door leading out to a nice grass area close to the pool, but not too close! The bed room is a good size, with big wardrobe and plenty of hangers, although the one thing I'd say is the lighting is poor! Clean bathroom with a great shower, what more could you want for a last min self catering holiday!
The hotel is like two hotels in one, our side, blan palace 1 has 3 pools, one large with a nearby bar and next to it a very shallow pool ideal for toddlers! There is loads of sun loungers, so no need to run out a 6 in morning to reserve one!! The other pool seems a lot quieter but there is a small water slide, ideal to keep under 10s happy! There is a gorgeous small beach directly outside the hotel with a small beach bar, expensive to have sun beds there though, 15euro a day!!
The daytime entertainment Is ok, my kids seem to have enjoyed it so far, but I think our side of the hotel is aimed at all our European neighbours where as the other side seems to be typically British! The reps working hard to get people involved but seems to be hard going! I have seen adult yoga, aqua aerobics garden games etc.
As we are self catering we have used the local super market which sells the minimum to get by for a couple of days, prices are ok, although if you want lilos etc for the kids head over to commercial centre, by the bus stop, all pool related items are cheaper there!!
I would suggest if you do go self catering bring a can opener, I couldn't get one in the shops and the one In the room is from the dark ages!!
We did try the food in the restaurant yesterday evening, charged me 45 euro for three of us, a buffet style dinner with drinks machine! Well if I was all inclusive ok it might be ok but to charge 15 euro a head for the food they were serving was really steep! I really wasn't impressed, not great choice and over priced!!
The one thing I will add is that there is nothing In the immediate vicinity of the hotel, it's in a residential area, with not much on the door step, a bus to the old town cost 1.50 euro per person but only 5euro In a taxi, so it was taxi for us every time!
The old town is very pretty, looks like little Italy, lots of restaurants bar the harbour and the ones we tried have been really good 52 euro for three of us with drinks, good quality food and better than the hotel! There isn't really much in the way if shopping but still worth a visit!
All in all the hotel is really good, other than food, the staff are lovely, house keepers are fantastic, I would recommend blanc palace 1 over blanc palace 2, lots of little kids over the other side, although there is more going on over there on an evening! I am extremely happy with my stay and would defiantly come back again! Not all inclusive though, and I would hire a car!! Day 3 tomorrow so will post an update once I'm home!

Stayed June 2014
9 Thank nickyja52
Good afternoon,

Thank you fot your opinion, it's important for us because we like to improve.
Hoope to see you soon!!!!!!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have no faults what so ever with this place. I loved LOVED my holiday and want to be back there!! The kids entertainers were excellent and made my little boy so so happy! Adult entertainment were spot on! Food was great and a good selection everynight. Very clean and safe for my kids. Im looking at booking the same place for next year!!!! Thankyou so much everyone there for an amazing experience.

• Stayed May 2014
11 Thank Lorraine B
zennon, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Vacances Menorca Resort, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your opinion.
Our main wish is that our guests they feel comfortable and enjoy the well deserved holidays and we hope to see you soon again!

Sheila Gordo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ciutadella
HYB Sea Club
Apartamentos Vista Blanes
Apartamentos Vista Blanes
#31 of 57 in Ciutadella
Hotel Apartamentos Princesa Playa

Been to Vacances Menorca Resort? Share your experiences!