“Average to Poor (not worth the money)”

and 1 more site!
Vacances Menorca Resort
Ranked #38 of 57 Hotels in Ciutadella
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Average to Poor (not worth the money)”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

The resort is the hotel, so simply put it needs to be better to keep people occupied.

There are three parts to the hotel and reading other reviews depending on where you are it can be hit or miss. People we met there generally were critical of the entire resort, being moved from the predominantly TC Blanc Cottages back to the main Blanc Palace.

There were so many people complaining that the reps run out of complaint forms. I can understand others frustrations as we shopped around and paid a lot less than through the holiday company.

My review :

Resort : There is nothing there, as it's more residential. The main part has a big pool and baby pool with grass if you don't get a sunbed. The second pool around from that is quiet and smaller but has a waterside for the kids. The third pool over at the cottages seems cramped but again there are slides for the kids. We generally took the kids over to play rather than stay there. Be careful as the lifeguards did on occasion remove towels from beds (generally if beds were unoccupied for hours).

There were the usual games, aerobics and kids games.

The beach was cramped and small with two pedal boats, and expect to pay 15€ for two beds and a shade.... But it was nice with many yachts moored offshore. The rest of the surrounding area is rocky.

Rooms : Ours was more 2 star than 3 and no better than a well used travelodge. Some of the pictures I've seen are accurate, but it is what I expected for a well used hotel. The cleaner cleaned every day and as we were all inc, it suited us. The balcony was spacious and in the evening was lovely to sit on as it was peaceful.

Food : Not much for the kids (Fish Fingers, Nuggets, Chips and Pasta but not on the same days !!!!). Compared to all other inclusive hols, this was a let down. There was variety and quantity but not as much as all the other hotels we have stayed at. If you love pork or fish then you'll be satisfied. They also did joints of meat daily which was popular.

There is one toaster and expect a 20 min wait to get toast. This was awful.

Expect flies and lots of them. They are expected in a hot climate, but the hotel could do better in covering the food, especially the bread. Regardless there were no dicky tummies due to the flies.

Very repetitive for 14 nights and by the end due to the variety you long for a change.

There is no waiter service and the staff generally do not interact. The ladies are more polite than the male waiters and the guy at the entrance will never smile. The chef is pleasant and came out to serve or chat. He made omelettes, served the cooked meat.

Bar Service : There were long queues, and generally two serving. You do get the biggest ice cube, and a small amount of alcohol with a large mixer. The staff were mostly ok, but again one or two never smiled and were a little rude. The pool bar does not open till 11, so post breakfast you do have to wait for a fizzy drink or coffee. For half board or less, you have to get in early (served 12:30 - 14:30) for hamburgers or hot dogs as they go fast and with little in the local area you would have to go to the shop.

Entertainment : Awful. Awful. Awful. The same reps doing the same routines again and again. They try their best but they generally do not bring in outside acts (which you get elsewhere). Again the cottages have their entertainment by TC, however they did move to the main hotel (outside) although expect a walk to the bar.

Surrounding Area : It is very picturesque and if you like the 4km sea walk to Ciutadella then it is a good visit and offers many places to eat (although busy). A bus or taxi costs 12€ for a family of four (hence my point on resort needs to be exceptional, if you have to pay out to visit each time)

The other way is Cala Blanca, which has loads but again a bus is the cheaper option to visit and takes 30 mins to get there.

As this is the only hotel there, it is not worth the money as there are many areas it needs to improve on. If they fix the entertainment, bar service and general resteraunt service then it would be a little better.

I would not go back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank Lee S
zennon, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Vacances Menorca Resort, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Customer,

First of all I would like to thank you for the time taken to send us your impressions about us, and thank your comments about our Resort.

We are not aware of all these complaints, the front desk is open 24 hours and if comunicacn suggestions and / or problems they may have, must be communicated in order to fix it as soon as possible, but this should be reported.
The sunbeds can not be reserved and if the rescuer sees these hammocks have not been used over a period of 2h are removed so that other people can use.
The buffet trays has 3 children, so that they feel comoque are great house! But they can eat everything the buffet where a variety of meat, fish, pasta, rice, salads and desserts, but always supervised by an adult.

Turning to the subject of flies and tails I'm sorry, and thank you for comment and we have put solution.

AI service starts at 11am until 11:00 p.m. and buffet breakfast you can have coffee if you want, and not wait until 11am.

The animation department has all the information of the activities at the reception, daily although some might be repeated but by customer demand.

Each year we try to make improvements to all our facilities in order to exceed all expectations of our guests.

Again regret that your stay was not expected.

Best Regards,
Sheila Gordo Guiaro
Communication and Customer Care

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Czech first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I had read mixed reviews about this resort and was a little anxious about our stay with my husband and two children aged 11 and 16.We stayed in room 1240 over looking the pool,it was clean and bright and maids came every day the pool area was busy but very spacious and well maintained. The snack bar did get busy at certain times but a five min wait at the most and the staff where very hard working and friendly,the food was of a good standard and plenty of choice for breakfast,lunch and dinner .Day time activities are not really my kind of thing but there was water zumba,polo etc if you wanted to take part and not forced on you if you didn't! ,beach was a little cove and took children on a pedlo to snorkel,which they loved,ciutadella is worth a visit and taxi was about 5 euros ,also a bus service. overall had alovely relaxing week which we really enjoyed

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Claire T
Dear Customer,

First of all I would like to thank you for the time taken to send us your impressions about our Resort.
We also appreciate your words about our employees and departments.
I want to thank your comments which help us to improve ourselves and improve, we pursue the satisfaction of our customers.

Thank you for choosing us for your holidays and we hope to see you soon among us.

Best Regards,

Sheila Gordo Guiaro
Communication and Customer Care
Long Buckby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I originally booked to stay at Marinda Gardens but after reading bad reviews on here I upgraded to Blanc Palace (the orange one) which was a 4* or at least that is what Thomas Cook allowed me to believe! There is NO WA this hotel is 4*, it is a 3* at an absolute push so I would strongly advise you not to pay to stay here as you will not be receiving what you will expect for your money.

My reasons for saying this are as follows:
1) The hotel rooms are run down and in desperate need of refurbishment. There was mould in the grout, cracked tiles in the bathroom and general discolouration of walls etc.
2) Our hotel room was dirty. I was able to write the word DIRTY on several surfaces with my finger as the dust was so thick. There were cobwebs on the walls and the base of the sofa beds were a mixture of dust, cobwebs and other unidentified fluff. I have taken several pictures to demonstrate this - Thomas Cook Care (on Twitter) advised me to raise with resort rep but as I explained to him, when you book a FOUR STAR hotel you shouldn't have to go and ask someone to clean your room!
3) Queues. The hotel is grossly understaffed for the amount of guests staying at the hotel. Having to queue for a minimum of 10-15 minutes every time you want a cold drink during the day was ridiculous. The same thing happened at night. It seemed that the hotel was controlling the amount of drinks that All Inclusive customers could consume by making them wait a ridiculous amount of time. We became so frustrated with this we ended up purchasing drinks from the supermarket and keeping them in our apartment fridge so that we could access them whenever we wanted them. This kind of defeats the object of paying to stay all inclusive.

The only positives I can give are...
1) There was always a good choice of food in the restaurant (albeit lukewarm).
2) The entertainment team work extremely hard to put on a good show on what is obviously a very small budget.

If anyone from the Blanc Palace management team are reading this, you may want to give room 1018 a deep clean before you allow any more guests to stay in there!

Last year we stayed at the Mestral & Llebeg apts in San Tomas which is rated as a 3*. This place is fabulous in comparison to Blanc Palace so if you want a nice holiday in Menorca I recommend looking at that one.

3 Thank SarahJane285
zennon, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Vacances Menorca Resort, responded to this review, 7 August 2014

I hope the Return to your home has been smooth.
Just a few lines to thank you for choosing us for your holiday in Menorca.

We want to thank you sincerely for your comments, which help us to improve ourselves and improve we pursue excellence in our stores.

Sheila Gordo

Travellers are raving about these Ciutadella hotels

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I am currently staying at the Blanc Palace Cottages in Sa Caleta, Menorca with my wife and 3 young daughters. We booked all inclusive for 10 days based on a previous experience at the Blanc Palace Hotel. We have been very disappointed with the accommodation at the Cottages, they are nowhere near 4 star standard. Whilst the 2 bedroom apartment we are in is fairly standard and has plenty of space the overall accommodation is poor. The food at the cottages is not what I would expect at a 4 star accommodation and the restaurant area was not kept clean during dining periods. One of the main issues we have experienced is understaffing across all areas of the accommodation which results in long queues to get drinks at the bar and rubbish being left for long periods around the pool area. We have also been disappointed with the soft drinks selection at the hotel bars which include local brand cola, lemon etc. instead of Coke or Pepsi. Although since our first day we have eaten our meals at he Blanc Palace Hotel restaurant rather than the cottages, this has not been much better and on a number of occasions there have been flies all over the buffet food. On the positive side, despite the issues we have enjoyed our holiday. The resort is very quiet but fine for young families and there is a nice little beach very close to the accommodation. The is a good bus service that you can use to easily get to nearby busier places such as Cuitadella and Calandra Bosch. I would also say that the staff at the resort do their best but there are not enough of them to meet the standards that would be expected at a 4 star accommodation.

2 Thank JPD282014
Good morning,

I hope the Return to your home has been smoothand Thank you for choosing us for your holiday in Menorca.

The restaurants were and are clean, but is hight season and we working and we need to clean when the customers using the buffet too.

if you told at reception that mattresses are uncomfortable,we would changed on the same day, but we are not aware of it.

And if you said that
Strathaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Had read bad reviews,but was pleasantly surprised. This was the first time my husband and i had taken my grand daughter abroard,so we chose this resort for her.We personally could see screaming kids far enough,funnily enough its not the babies that scream but 3/4/year olds not getting their own way. Back to review we had a 2 bed 2 bath apartment basic but clean maids in every day,apart from 1 wed,we were there for 2 wks. Small balcony but room for drying.Our grand daughter had a ball the thomas cook kids reps were fantastic with her and gave 100% to the kids,yes a bit cheesy but Olivia loved it,as a couple it would not be for us.The queues for drinks were very bad waiting up to 20 mins sometimes,but it was not the staffs fault they worked very hard and always pleasant to us,but there was just not enough staff,food ok,but by the end of second week getting really busy and had to wait for top ups.Overall had a great holiday for our grand daughter and all the staff get my thanks reps and waiters for making our holiday enjoyable. We were there from 16th july to 30th july.

Room Tip: we had room 3311 large 2 bed 2 bath overlooking road quiet good as long as you did not want to sit o...
3 Thank johanna350

I hope the Return to your home has been smooth.
Just a few lines to thank you once again for choosing us for your holiday in Menorca.

I also hope that in the end your stay in our hotel has been comfortable and met your expectations.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We have just got back from a 2 week holiday at blanc palace 15/7-29/7. I was apprehensive before we left as some of the reviews were pretty awful. We requested blanc cottages as thats where the english stay and the reviews were good. on arrival at the main hotel we were told we were staying in the older main hotel, we didnt make a fuss thought we would go and look around before trying to change hotels. I can honestly say the blanc cottages would of been awful for us it was full of small children with a fairly small pool and sun lounge area. We have 2 teenagers so the main hotel seemed a much better enviroment. We were very fortunate that there were lots of teenagers whilst we were there, they all got together through the poolside entertainment during the day . Alberto and Iris were fantastic with the kids and adults. My son and husband especially enjoyed the competitive daily water polo game and Albertos aqua-areobics. The room was cleaned daily and was very acceptable by us. Plus it had air conditioning which blanc cottages did not. The choice and quality in the restaurant was very good , we were fully inclusive . The only down sides to blanc palace was that there was always a long queue in the mornings at poolside for drinks, also in the upstairs bar in the evenings, if they had more staff on it would of improved things greatly. Also the evening entertainment was upstairs indoors, when they did have a outside stage which woukld of been a lot nicer . Evening entertainment was of an average quality with room for improvement. Overall we had a great time. Sa caletta is a very quiet resort with only a few beach bars and a restaurant up the road. There are 2 restaurants a 5 min walk away . If you can go to posta del sol restaurant in calan forcat its got the most amazing view over the sea with amazing sunsets, food is lovely as well.

Room Tip: All rooms at this hotel either overlook pool or lawn some have a sea view
1 Thank Jane M P

I hope the Return to your home has been smooth.

I want to thank you sincerely for your comments, which help us to improve ourselves and improve we pursue excellence in our stores.

We hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 7 nights from 14th July with a group of 20 including 10 kids. First impression was not good upon arrival, was told my studio was above supermarket up two flights of stairs and no one to offer assistance with my cases! First hotel Ive stayed at where there is no one to assist! Definitely no good if you have any mobility issues! The room was clean, beds uncomfortable and pillows horrendous. It was very noisy next to a road and hearing people screeching down the road at all hrs, not to mention the recycling truck that arrives at 1230am to wake you up! The most disappointing thing was severe lack of sunbeds and parasols, some families having to sit on the grass area, small pool bar, one person serves from 11am - 6pm and you have to que to get a drink sometimes for 20 mins plus, the water from pool bar is salty, the cordial disgusting and i had to resort to buying bottled water and snacks from supermarket everyday to avoid the fiasco at the pool bar. The food is limited and pretty tasteless, they regularly run out of meat/plates etc and your standing around waiting. Wine is served from jugs and is not pleasant, the bread rolls are not covered and covered in flys! The entertainment is geared towards kids and there was plenty for them to do, games room, kids club, football etc, the nightly entertainment was cringey and embarrassing and one night resorted to making paper planes to see which flew the furthest! There was a particular rep who took pleasure in trying to throw anyone in the pool and even poured half of my water on me for no reason, i took an instant dislike to this person. The only positive thing i can say is that the hotel is severely understaffed but the staff are very polite and helpful. Ive travelled all over the world in all inclusives and this is by far the worst experience. Definetly not four star and i would not recommend. I would go to one of the more popular resorts and pay that bit extra.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Claire Z
Good morning,

Thank you for your opinion and and write their experience with us.

About that, we put more sunbeds and parasols on the terrace from the snack bar.
In the restaurant we put two anti-insect lantern more, since we are on an island and insects are part of the biosphere reserve.

The restaurant has variety to choose from, hot: pasta, rice, meat and fish to choose, cold: combined salads and there is also the option of taking a salad to taste.
Are sweet dessert and also have ice cream.

Besides this variety, at night we do a cooking show and depending on the day it is meat or fish.
It may not be all of your taste, but there is variety.

Sheila Gordo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ciutadella
HYB Sea Club
Apartamentos Vista Blanes
Apartamentos Vista Blanes
#32 of 57 in Ciutadella
Hotel Apartamentos Princesa Playa

Been to Vacances Menorca Resort? Share your experiences!