We spent two weeks at Cales de Ponent at the end of July/beginning of August, and had a wonderful time. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and it was great to enjoy the benefits of all inclusive along with the advantages of apartment-style accommodation. We never found the lack of air conditioning a particular problem - there was a powerful ceiling fan in the main bedroom, and the reception provided a smaller fan for our children's room, free of charge.
It was our first experience of all inclusive, and we were really pleased with what we found. The range of food might not be as large as a bigger resort, but there was always plenty of choice, and it was always prepared and presented to a high standard. The chef was proud of his food, and made you feel very welcome. In many ways, the staff are one of the best features of the hotel - bar staff, reception staff and waitresses all went out of their way to be friendly, warm and helpful. Tamara made a real fuss of our children, and we were sad to say goodbye on the last day!
The pool area could get a little busy, particularly towards tea time, but it was always possible to find a sun lounger. For a change, the beach is a very short walk away. It's a very pretty spot, and has more facilities than Caleta to the north, while being quieter than Cala Blanca to the south. Both of these other beaches are in walking distance.
Cala Santandria is very well located for Ciutadella - about 10 minutes by bus from the bus stop at the end of the road - and it's well worth a visit. It's a lovely, bustling town, with some very picturesque back streets, great for exploring. We also visited the Aqua Rock water park outside Cala'n Bosch - this is a fun day out, and is much easier to get to than the Aqua Center park in Delfines which is more widely advertised. A bus from the main road will take you to Cala'n Bosch in about 15 minutes - the reception staff can provide directions.
All in all, a lovely holiday, and we'd be very happy to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Cales de Ponent is a touristic resort where a profesional team works to give you fantastic holidays in Minorca. Cales de Ponent has: an excellent ubication in front of the beach of Santandria, modern facilities and a qualified staff. It has 73 apartments (1 and 2 bedrooms), solarium, pool, reception, bar-restaurant, buffet, kids area and parking. Located in 2 minutes walking from de beach of Santandria, this resort stands out for its modern facilities and a very professional staff that will make you fell like in your home. Completely renovated in 2018. Air conditioning in all apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Jet2Holidays , 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Club Cales de Ponent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Cales De Ponent Hotel Cala Santandria
- Club Cales De Ponent Spain/Menorca