We had a very early start leaving UK so it was bliss to find a room that was not only ready for us but exceeded our expectations: it was spacious, comfortable and well-equipped with a huge terrace/balcony overlooking the pool. As we'd booked half-board, we only used the kitchen facilities to make tea & coffee. If you like proper coffee you will need to buy filter papers from the supermarket next door. We also bought a mug as the cups provided are quite small.
We thought the selection and the quality of the food at both breakfast and dinner was excellent: my husband is a finicky eater but during our 10 day stay he found something to please him 90% of the time. The fish is particularly good, especially the seabass fillets which were twice the size you normally get! Thanks to Josefa for her skill on the grill, cooking me an omelette breakfast everyday and fish most evenings.
All the staff in the hotel were friendly, helpful and cheerful. The service from everyone was first class. The location is very convenient for the local shops and bars, the beach, the marina and the bus into Ciutadella.
We had room 372 which was over the bar but we didn't have any problem with noise - sometimes sitting on the balcony in the evening I could hear the music from the bars down by the marina more than the hotel bar. My only (very minor) quibble was that the shower curtain wasn't always effective at keeping water off the bathfoom floor.... why don't hotels have shower screens? I didn't try the spa as the treatments were all expensive but the gym equipment is free if that's the kind of thing you like to do on holiday. The pool is good, deep enough for swimming at the one end, shallow for little ones at the other. Overall, the hotel facilities and service are excellent and Menorca is a very pretty island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 150 m away from the Cala' Bosch beach. Apartments: One twin bedroom. Living room with two couches. Kitchenette. Heating/ air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Terrace or balcony. Family apartments have two double bedrooms and two bathrooms. Sport & Leisure: Swimming pool with children´s splash pool. Table tennis. Billiard table. Evening shows and live music. Gastronomy: Generous breakfast and dinner buffet. Show cooking. Lounge and Pool bar with snack service. Services: Car rental. Buggies and intercoms rental. Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grupotel Macarella Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Macarella Suites And Spas
- Grupotel Macarella Hotel Ciudadella
- Hotel Grupotel Macarella
- Grupotel Macarella Suites & Spa Spain/Minorca