Just come back from spending 2 weeks here .These are great self catering apartments not sure why they are rated 2 star .They are nice and big, towels changed nearly every day with fresh tea towels , kitchen roll, washing up liquid .We didn't eat here so can't comment on food the menu we looked at was very british with lots of fried eggs , we like to eat local food .The hotel had mixed nationalities . pool was very quiet we prefer the two beaches near by. Cala blanca is a figure of eight shape , go right out the hotel round to cala blanc beach and left to the other beach, the shops are in the middle with the restaurants . and a fantastic viewing point to watch the sun go down a must see.
To your left is the bus stop number 64 will take you to cuitadella about 15 mins cost 1.65 each under 4 s free every hour at half past the hour.
We hired a car for three days cost 70 euros from near the Chinese takeaway loads there.
We went to the two lagoon beaches near by fantastic but be prepared to walk about 25 mins from the car park down hill, the road to them are very narrow only allowing one car a time so it was slow going, we visited the whole island and also the lovely Torre view point is fantastic with a cheap café there.
Cala blanca is quiet not much but beaches and a few restaurants shops and a park, julies supermarket in the middle we found the cheapest with cooked chickens, we went the supermarket out of town lidl for a weeks shop of water bread and bits a lot cheaper there!
We had two young children with us so easy to entertain with pools and beach, we also paid a visit to the aqua centre at a cost of 50 euros for 3 of us , my son was free being under three, my husband and kids enjoyed it but theres not much there, staff fantastic all very helpful its in cala blanes get a bus from ciutadella I think it was 61.
Food cost . cafes near beaches about 1.50 euros for a coffee and ice cream lolly 1.20. Supermarkets . water 8 litres was 1.68 a must the water tasted very salty when we had a brew , bread about 1.40 for there white loaf, margarine about 1.20 , milk about 1.70 crisps fr0m 1.70 up bacon was fine from 2.20 and eggs from 1 euro for 6.
Eating out cost us about 40 euros with drinks you can eat in cala blanca restaurant near julies for 10 euros each three course meal with wine so very good, we thought this was a expensive island but it was ok.
Overall I would go back to this hotel staff great and the maid monica needs a medal shes lovely welcoming and does a fantasic job the hotel is spotless with great views and peace all around.
We got transfers with resort hoppa 50 pound return for three and they were good was about 1 hour transfer hope this helps..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION: The apartment complex is situated on the front line of the sea, at only 20 metres away from the famous Clot de Sa Cera, well known cliffs that are enjoyed by many swimmers and divers. The complex is located in the tranquil and family oriented urbanization of Cala Blanca, at only 4kms from the centre of Ciutadella. THE APARTMENTS: Sol Ponent is a tranquil and family oriented hotel complex made up of 19 apartments, a swimming pool on the front line of the sea with a children's section and a welcoming snack-bar. All the apartments have a twin-bedded room, a living/dining room with a sofa-bed, a fully equipped kitchenette (electric cooker, small fridge with a freezer compartment, microwave, toaster, kettle and basic kitchen utensils), full bathroom, private terrace, ceiling fan in the bedroom, TV and safe (for a fee). There are two types of apartment (with different prices): -1 Bedroom apartments (with terrace): no sea views. - 1 Bedroom apartments with sea views. Bear this in mind when making your reservation. SERVICES: Prices include towel change at 4 days (within the week) and linen and towel change plus cleaning of the apartment at 7 days (weekly). ACTIVITIES: The apartments are ideal for couples as well as for families with children. They are also recommended for scuba diving enthusiasts because of their proximity to Clot de Sa Cera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Superbreak UK, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sol Ponent Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Ponent Hotel Ciudadella
- Sol Ponent Ciudadela
- Sol Ponent Apartments Spain/Minorca