“Perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Finca Julie Horse Riding - CLOSED

Finca Julie Horse Riding
More attraction details
Owner description: ​Experience the breathtaking views of Fuerteventura on horseback. Enjoy the freedom and tranquility of this beautiful island while riding on friendly Irish sport horses. Feel the freedom of riding on mountain trails or coastal routes in an all-year-round temperate climate. We have a full range of tailor-made rides or lessons to suit riders of all abilities.
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My partner and I absolutely loved our horse ride, beautiful surroundings and gorgeous horses. Thank you Paul and Julie, we will see you next year! Trudi and Dion

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best part of my holiday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My partner booked me a 3 hour beach trail ride as a surprise prior to our holiday. I was instantly skeptical. As a horse owner, I'm often upset by how horses are cared for in some establishments abroad. I need not have worried! Paul and Julie's horses are cared for to a platinum standard. They are clearly part of the family, very healthy, happy and very much loved. Paul very kindly picked me up from my hotel and was instantly chatty and friendly. He made me feel very much at ease. Julie was equally friendly and a very professional horsewoman. I rode with two others who were relatively inexperienced riders. The ride was therefore tailored to the minimum ability. Safety was paramount from start to finish from equipment to Julie constantly checking throughout the ride to ensure we were all ok. The views were totally stunning. I enjoyed every second of the ride. I'd would have loved to have gone everyday of my holiday! After our ride we stopped at a lovely venue for lunch. But before we ate the horses came first. They were all sponged down to cool them off and fed and watered. I was delighted to see the animals welfare coming first. I couldn't recommend this establishment highly enough. You will not be disappointed whatever your ability. Thank you Julie and Paul for a tremendous holiday memory. Best of luck for the future. Ann Cooper from Scotland

1 Thank AnnSpitz
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Having set up our 1 hour excursion about 1 week in advance of our holiday to Fuerteventura, myself, my partner and our friend were really looking forward to this day on our holiday.
The different 'packages' available are varied and there really is something for everyone. I have ridden for about 10 years on and off, but my partner and our friend had never ridden before.
Paul picked us up from our apartment and we met Julie at the stables.
The 1 hour excursion was wonderful. Breathtaking views of the youngest volcano on the island and a lovely talk from Julie on the way round about how there used to be goat farming in the area.
The horses are in exceptional condition and are so obviously truly loved, as individuals, and not just as a day job.
I would truly recommend Finca Julie to everyone and anyone, of any riding ability.
I only wished I could have been part of a longer ride, alas, my companions, although they loved every second of the 1 hour excursion, couldnt handle a faster pace I fear!
5 out of 5 with no complaints. Really fantastic.

Glasgow
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent way to see the Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Have to admit to being underwhelmed by the landscape of Fuerteventura. Felt like we had come on holiday to the surface of Mars. 4 of us, two adults and two children (9 and 11) decided to go Horse Rising.

Julie took plenty of time to introduce us to our horses and ensure we all had plenty of safety gear on.

Riding through the landscape it suddenly all made sense and I felt like I could have been riding through an Arizona desert or old Western Movie.

Julie was excellent throughout and made sure we all went at a pace that we were happy with, whilst giving us some local history/information.

Well worth doing. Thanks Julie.

1 Thank old-bugga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Back. For.more!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Went horse riding to finca julie in october and returned again in June ,my daughter Emily and I loved the experience,we found both Paul and Julie very friendly and professional the hour went by very quickly possibly Julie being a fellow Irish woman and we like to chat!!! Mostly what I love about finca julie is how much the horses are loved and looked after,as an animal lover that is so important to me, Thanks again Julie and Paul we will be back again in october!! Elaine and Emily x

Visited June 2014