1. I stayed in room 210 for four nights from 17th December 2013, and I paid £52 per night for a single room with half board. I booked the stay with Travel Republic.
2. I had spent 5 nights in Valle Gran Rey, and I needed to catch the 7.30am ferry back to Los Christianos.
3. Hotel is on a noisy street just off the main square. Do ask for a room facing the quiet attractive park when you book, and insist that they give you one when you arrive.
4. My room was well-equipped, but it had no clothes drying rail. Room Service was very good.
5. Reception desk was helpful and gave me a town map. It helps if you can speak some Spanish.
6. Breakfast was very good, with plenty of choice. Very nice fresh fruit salad. I’d have liked some scrambled egg, but only hard boiled eggs were on offer. Perhaps I should have asked. Beware of the toaster, it’s very hot!
7. Evening meal was OK. Service was efficient and business-like, but lacking the personal warmth I'd found elsewhere, I thought. I’d probably go B and B next time, there are plenty of nearby restaurants.
8. The roof has a sunbathing area, with a small secluded area for nudists, plus a sauna and a jacuzzi. Good views of the Torre del Conde (Count’s Tower, free entry) from the roof.
9. The Hotel is only a five minute walk from the bus station, which is above the new rather sparse food market. Three buses leave the station at 10.30am, bound for Valle Gran Rey (5 euro) Hermigua (3 euro) and Playa Santiago (3.5 euro). The bus drivers are great drivers.
10. I liked the Inca Shop in the Square. The friendly German lady working there was good to talk to about living on La Gomera.
11. I loved the Ethnology Museum at Hermigua, details from Archaeology Museum in San Seb. Both are well-recommended and free to enter.
12. I walked from Hermigua to Agulo and caught the 2pm bus back to San Seb.
13. Playa Santiago is a pleasant seaside town, home to a large resort belonging to Fred. Olsen. It’s out of town and quite unobtrusive. Very helpful bank in the square. I changed some leftover Polish zloty into euros there.
14. I left the hotel at 6.30am to catch the ferry. No problem leaving early, but you miss your breakfast!
15. I loved La Gomera. I’d recommend it to anyone who likes serious walking. The walks are long and hard and you need to be fit to enjoy them. The island attracts plenty of ageing hippies and I felt at home straight away. I’ll be back!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Torre del Conde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Torre Del Conde La Gomera/San Sebastian De La Gomera