“MUST be visited”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: .
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Sa Pobla, a quiet unsophisticated market town, close to Pollensa, is blessed by this restaurant. Currently it has to be number one in the Island for ambience, food, service and sheer value for money. Visitors to the North of the Island now have a good choice of where to eat. Make the diversion and you will not be disappointed. Over the last thirty years we have tried most of the restaurants.....they fade and shine in turn. Mr Green's is outstanding. A set lunch menu, changed every two days, totally inclusive at a price that puts competing establishments to shame. We are about to make our fifth reservation on this visit alone. Don't tell too many of your friends or it might become too crowded especially with the train station to Palma within walking distance.

1  Thank cherryroy

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We decided to visit mister green because of some of the opinions here. We, somehow, were fearing about a too posh place, as we were coming from a morning in the beach with our girls.
Found the place and we were immediately welcomed by two very warm waiters that placed a lot of attention to our young kids. We decided to go for the day menu. In my case water melon gazpacho and baked meat. The kids were offered fresh fish of the day. Had some local white wine, a desert consisting in melon soup with champagne icecream. Coffee.
All very tasty, nice, not complicated, but well resolved. Again service smiling, helpful, close, but not pompously. Girls got lots of attention. The place is very nice with an excellent patio with a fountain in the middle. All in all, food, drinks, coffee for two adults, one kid 8 tears and one kid 2, 37€. If they keep it this way, I guess they will have a very good future.

2  Thank travelBCN
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We visited mister greens for my mums birthday. The chef Chris designed a menu for us with all my mums favourites. Perfect, couldn't do enough for us and a really great, friendly atmosphere. Couldn't thank them enough for making dinner such an experience.
Beautiful building with about 4 en-suit bedrooms and a beautifully classy outside terrace.

2  Thank Megielou100
Reviewed 25 May 2014

On our recent holiday in Majorca, we decided to visit SA Pobla Sunday Market. Whilst there we were looking for somewhere to have a drink or Coffee, when we came across Mister Greens restaurant. The staff opened 15 minutes early to accomodate us for our much needed refreshment. The service was excellent, we did not feel in their way at any point in fact the waiter pulled out an umbrella to ensure I was in the shade in the very beautiful courtyard. We will certainly consider this restaurant on our next holiday for a meal as they do a very reasonable menu of the day for 18 euros which includes water and wine.

1  Thank AlbertEpsom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My expectations were high for this place based on Tripadvisor recommendations. It was not poor quality but not in line with all the comments I had read. Extemely limited menu and only 2 others in the entire restaurant on a Friday night, mid-May. The service was friendly and helpful but the food was mediocre. I thought it was going to be the best meal of our trip but it was not even close. I presume the highly rated chef was on vacation. We had a glass of white wine to start and they offered this which was a nice gesture. A goat's cheese salade to start was decent but not better than what we have at home. We had the fish of the day, salmon which was OK but not out of the ordinary. The vegetables served with it were the best thing we had there.

4  Thank Fran C
Mrgreensapobla, Ex Chef at Mister Green, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Fran,
All I can say is sorry, It was me who was the chef with the tasting menu, But I had left before you came. I expect high quality service and the changes which were made were not to my liking, as any chef will tell you we are not bigger than the restaurant itself, so I felt it was time to leave.
Once again from me personally i'm sorry that you did not get what you wanted, although it was not my doing, it now breaks my heart to leave Mister Green.

Best Regards Lee