“Very happy with my stay at Lancelot.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lancelot Hotel

Lancelot Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Arrecife
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very happy with my stay at Lancelot.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

Hotel location is in a great spot right on the beach in Arricife. Room was very modern, clean, roomy compared to European standards. Breakfast buffet was good with several hot served items also instead of just cold cuts. Small pool and workout room located on the roof also. This was my first trip to the island and after I took the bus to Puerto Carmen I realized that it has a lot more going on, however, I preferred staying in Arrecife because it's more peaceful and making trips into PC when I wanted to go out to eat or to a club. Bus stop is ~300 meters from Lancelot and the ride was very cheap and they ran all night long about every 20-30 minutes as I recall. I'm not the type that worries about how many stars a hotel is rated at, so my review may not help some travelers, but I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I return to the island.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Polish first
Davos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I have now stayed at the Hotel Lancelot three times and have NEVER been disappointed. Do pay the few euros extra for a room overlooking the marvellous beach and the sea and watch out for big cruise ships sailing past just a couple of hundred yards away. Enjoy sitting on the balcony as the sun goes down and then go down for dinner. The last time I was there a scrumptious buffet was served and I defy anybody to say there was no choice. Breakfast was also excellent though Brits expecting the same tyre of fried food they would get at home are just not thinking this through. I had melon with serrano ham and terrific coffee and it was perfect. The staff are all very friendly and most helpful. Next time I am in Arrecife and I shall definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I can only repeat what other reviewers have said, book a room with a sea view. You won't regret...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank AnnaDavos
Ringwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in March, and as our previous visit found the hotel ideal, clean large room, sea facing and balcony, good choice for breakfast, helpful staff, and excellent value for money, and great location.

Room Tip: Ask for 4th or 5th floor sea facing
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

When I saw mixed reviews about this hotel, I had second thought but I still continue and book it for my holiday as it ticks most of my requirements. The hotel is 20 seconds-walk from golden sandy beach of Arrecife. The food was fantastic! Buffet breakfast was never boring even if I stayed for 7 days - lot of varieties everyday. As a solo traveller, this hotel was very handy for the likes of me. It is near the airport (10 euro by taxi), 10-minute walk to/from the town centre, 5 minutes away from local bars, pubs and clubs. There is a nearby Spanish-inspired disco/club - if you want to taste local dance, ie salsa, tango, rumba, pasa-doble, etc...The staff were friendly and tried their best to speak in English. There is a free Wi-fi, (out-dated) gym, small roof top swimming pool. There were no many tourists lurking around, I felt I blend well with the local culture despite a short stay. You can have a nice stroll / jog by the boulevard along the shore line. Also, a nice relaxing spa at nearby Gran Hotel tops it all. In terms of excursion, the bus stops beside the hotel to pick up travelers who wish to explore the island, very convenient. Ask the reception staff about trips/excursion (ave. 40 eu with lunch). Although the mattress was not as comfortable as mine at home, this was the least of my worries. Overall, it turned out better than I expected.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank mimibayot
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Lancelot was our first stop on our trip to Lanzarote. We had to stay one nite after very late arrival and this hotel offered the best price (51 EUR b&b).
The check-in was very pleasant, with very communicative night receptionist (plus!). The room itself wasn't something special. Basic, showing signs of age, though clean. Mini-bar locked. The view from our window was really nothing, but since we would stay there only one nite, we didn't bother.
Breakfast - not bad, not amazing either. It reminded me breakfast at every Ibis, with a bit wider choice of products. The staff was efficient, nothing was missing on the buffay.
Check-out was smooth, but the receptionist (this time it was a woman) couldn't care less. She said only two sentences - the price we had to pay and "bye".
So, to sum up. If you want or must stay in Arrecife, book this hotel. But not for a long stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pitbulltje
Corralejo, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Stayed for one night only, was perfectly fine, spotlessly clean, and better furnished than I had imagined based on other peoples reports saying it was old fashioned. Was a treat to find carpet on the floor! Theres not much to do in the area at night time but found a small supermarket open just 2 minutes down the road to buy some nibbles and a great new bar had opened that night, a modern chill out bar, but cant remember the name of it! Definately worth a visit though, just a few minutes down the road when you come out of the hotel on the right hand side.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

Very happy with my expense at this hotel :) Nice room, kind people, good position (in front of the sea) and relaxing environment.

Perfect breakfast, you can find almost everything you want from a breakfast!!

five stars experience

Room Tip: Room with the sea view are amazing!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arrecife
Hotel Diamar
Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive
#29 of 94 in Puerto Del Carmen
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,262 reviews
Melia Salinas - Adults recommended

Been to Lancelot Hotel? Share your experiences!