“Great people, great location”
Review of Lancelot Hotel

Lancelot Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Arrecife
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We came back from a lovely week in Arrecife just over a week ago.

The Lancelot hotel was a perfect base to spend a holiday on the island. There were three of us including our four year old daughter.

As others have said the hotel is a simple functional hotel and is targeted at the general traveler, including businesses and conferences, rather than the holiday maker.

As long as you are not expecting kids clubs/cabaret/etc (we weren't) then the hotel does everything you need. The rooms are perfectly clean and cleaned daily - we had a sea view with a small balcony.

What sets the hotel apart is the quality of the staff - from check in onwards all the staff were very pleasant and welcoming with a good command of English (not the case in all of Arrecife which is primarily a working Spanish/Canarian town).

Everyone on reception was great, and the waiter at breakfast was lovely making balloon animals for our daughter and making a real fuss of her.

We had breakfast every day which was fine, if continental. We didn't eat anything off the hot buffet except the some churros, although the scrambled eggs and other bits looked okay. In general we stuck to the toast/fruit/pastries/yoghurt.

Watch outs for British travelers - there is no British TV except CNN, which on nights in with daughter in bed was a bit of a shame. Luckily Euro2012 was on which works fine in Spanish, so I was okay! There is free Wifi in the room though, so bring a laptop or Ipad if you really want some entertainment.

Finally this hotel really wins on location - we wanted beach and it is literally opposite the hotel. It's a locals beach, but nab a palm tree and you have free shade all day. On top of that there are lots of good restaurants in Arrecife town (a stroll away - you are in the centre), and hire a car to discover the rest of the island.

Last thing as parents our biggest challenge was feeding our daughter - Arrecife is "proper" Spanish, so no one eats before 8pm so most restaurants are shut from mid afternoon until then which we coped with but not ideal. Arrecife is not for tourists so be prepared for that.

All in all the Lancelot is highly recommended and Arrecife does work as a base for the island with everything you need, and hardly any English or German people. Perfect!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank whistlejacket_1977

Reviewed 28 June 2012

We have stayed in Lancelot Hotel in May for 8 nights. I was pleasantly suprised because I didn't expect such a high standard in 3* hotel. Very good location, volcano trips possibility, English speaking and helpful reception staff, nice atmosphere, huge choice of the tasty breakfast buffet staff, excellent cleaning service. I recommend !!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank zlonik
Reviewed 11 May 2012

My husband and I stayed in Hotel Lancelot for one week in April, Arrecife is quiet at this time as the holiday season has not yet started. The hotel is in a great location looking right out to the sea. We paid a bit extra for a sea view room and it was well worth it as the view was breathtaking! The hotel is clean and nice,a bit basic but it has everything you will need, lovely big bathroom, king size bed ( a bit hard and not enough pillows), nice little balcony and a TV with a few English channels. Arrecife is so lovely that you wont want to be in the hotel you will be too busy in the little restaurants and cafes!
The breakfast is basic too with spanish style food: breads, pastries, cheeses, cold meats etc, some hot food (no Irish fry up in sight.)
There is an amazing restaurant right around the corner called Lillium- it is quite expensive but well worth the visit- most amazing place I have eaten in ages!
The hotel staff are so helpful and welcoming and will do anything to make your stay more pleasurable, overall a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Go for the Sea View, well worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KildareHolidaygirl
A TripAdvisor Member
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Hotel location is in a great spot right on the beach in Arricife. Room was very modern, clean, roomy compared to European standards. Breakfast buffet was good with several hot served items also instead of just cold cuts. Small pool and workout room located on the roof also. This was my first trip to the island and after I took the bus to Puerto Carmen I realized that it has a lot more going on, however, I preferred staying in Arrecife because it's more peaceful and making trips into PC when I wanted to go out to eat or to a club. Bus stop is ~300 meters from Lancelot and the ride was very cheap and they ran all night long about every 20-30 minutes as I recall. I'm not the type that worries about how many stars a hotel is rated at, so my review may not help some travelers, but I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I return to the island.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I have now stayed at the Hotel Lancelot three times and have NEVER been disappointed. Do pay the few euros extra for a room overlooking the marvellous beach and the sea and watch out for big cruise ships sailing past just a couple of hundred yards away. Enjoy sitting on the balcony as the sun goes down and then go down for dinner. The last time I was there a scrumptious buffet was served and I defy anybody to say there was no choice. Breakfast was also excellent though Brits expecting the same tyre of fried food they would get at home are just not thinking this through. I had melon with serrano ham and terrific coffee and it was perfect. The staff are all very friendly and most helpful. Next time I am in Arrecife and I shall definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I can only repeat what other reviewers have said, book a room with a sea view. You won't regret...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank AnnaDavos
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in March, and as our previous visit found the hotel ideal, clean large room, sea facing and balcony, good choice for breakfast, helpful staff, and excellent value for money, and great location.

Room Tip: Ask for 4th or 5th floor sea facing
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PaulM47
Reviewed 24 February 2012

When I saw mixed reviews about this hotel, I had second thought but I still continue and book it for my holiday as it ticks most of my requirements. The hotel is 20 seconds-walk from golden sandy beach of Arrecife. The food was fantastic! Buffet breakfast was never boring even if I stayed for 7 days - lot of varieties everyday. As a solo traveller, this hotel was very handy for the likes of me. It is near the airport (10 euro by taxi), 10-minute walk to/from the town centre, 5 minutes away from local bars, pubs and clubs. There is a nearby Spanish-inspired disco/club - if you want to taste local dance, ie salsa, tango, rumba, pasa-doble, etc...The staff were friendly and tried their best to speak in English. There is a free Wi-fi, (out-dated) gym, small roof top swimming pool. There were no many tourists lurking around, I felt I blend well with the local culture despite a short stay. You can have a nice stroll / jog by the boulevard along the shore line. Also, a nice relaxing spa at nearby Gran Hotel tops it all. In terms of excursion, the bus stops beside the hotel to pick up travelers who wish to explore the island, very convenient. Ask the reception staff about trips/excursion (ave. 40 eu with lunch). Although the mattress was not as comfortable as mine at home, this was the least of my worries. Overall, it turned out better than I expected.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank mimibayot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arrecife
Hotel Diamar
#6 of 9 in Arrecife
Occidental Lanzarote Playa
Occidental Lanzarote Playa
#7 of 38 in Costa Teguise

Been to Lancelot Hotel? Share your experiences!