“Lovely hotel, great location”
Review of Lancelot Hotel

Lancelot Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Arrecife
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, great location”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

My friend and I booked a last minute break for one week at the Lancelot. I was a bit skeptical when a lady at the airport bus transfer station made a comment about it being odd that we chose Arrecife, but there was absolutely no need to worry. The town itself is very quite, with very few tourists (we barely heard any other English-speaking people when we were there). The hotel itself is literally across the road from the beach - a gorgeous stretch of white sand and clear water. There are no sun loungers or umbrellas but there are a few palm trees for shade and it is nice and peaceful, with just a few locals around.
The hotel staff are friendly - they don't speak much English but are happy to help in any way they can. There is a small pool on the roof - it was virtually empty the whole time we were there - like having our own private pool! And there is also a basic gym on the roof which was empty the entire time too.
The rooms are nice - pretty basic but spotless. Definitely get a sea-view room if you can - the main road can be quite noisy when the door is open but the view is totally worth it, and its quiet with the door shut (there is also air-con but we found the room to be cool enough without it!)
We went for bed and breakfast - the buffet was pretty basic. A selection of breads, slices of meat and cheese and a different type of egg every day. Also mini donuts, fruit, juices and coffee. There is also a piano bar in the basement, but we were disappointed to find it wasn't open during our trip.
I would definitely recommend the Lancelot for people looking for somewhere relaxing and quiet to chill out - there were quite a few couples. It's not the best location if you are looking to party - there are a handful of bars along the stretch of beach around the hotel but they were pretty quiet. But if you do want to go somewhere more lively, its only a 20 euro taxi drive to Puerto del Carmen or 10 euros to Teguise.

Room Tip: A sea view room is recommended - if possible get one on the corner (we were in 401) as they're a...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Emma H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Derby, England
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We came back from a lovely week in Arrecife just over a week ago.

The Lancelot hotel was a perfect base to spend a holiday on the island. There were three of us including our four year old daughter.

As others have said the hotel is a simple functional hotel and is targeted at the general traveler, including businesses and conferences, rather than the holiday maker.

As long as you are not expecting kids clubs/cabaret/etc (we weren't) then the hotel does everything you need. The rooms are perfectly clean and cleaned daily - we had a sea view with a small balcony.

What sets the hotel apart is the quality of the staff - from check in onwards all the staff were very pleasant and welcoming with a good command of English (not the case in all of Arrecife which is primarily a working Spanish/Canarian town).

Everyone on reception was great, and the waiter at breakfast was lovely making balloon animals for our daughter and making a real fuss of her.

We had breakfast every day which was fine, if continental. We didn't eat anything off the hot buffet except the some churros, although the scrambled eggs and other bits looked okay. In general we stuck to the toast/fruit/pastries/yoghurt.

Watch outs for British travelers - there is no British TV except CNN, which on nights in with daughter in bed was a bit of a shame. Luckily Euro2012 was on which works fine in Spanish, so I was okay! There is free Wifi in the room though, so bring a laptop or Ipad if you really want some entertainment.

Finally this hotel really wins on location - we wanted beach and it is literally opposite the hotel. It's a locals beach, but nab a palm tree and you have free shade all day. On top of that there are lots of good restaurants in Arrecife town (a stroll away - you are in the centre), and hire a car to discover the rest of the island.

Last thing as parents our biggest challenge was feeding our daughter - Arrecife is "proper" Spanish, so no one eats before 8pm so most restaurants are shut from mid afternoon until then which we coped with but not ideal. Arrecife is not for tourists so be prepared for that.

All in all the Lancelot is highly recommended and Arrecife does work as a base for the island with everything you need, and hardly any English or German people. Perfect!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank whistlejacket_1977
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We have stayed in Lancelot Hotel in May for 8 nights. I was pleasantly suprised because I didn't expect such a high standard in 3* hotel. Very good location, volcano trips possibility, English speaking and helpful reception staff, nice atmosphere, huge choice of the tasty breakfast buffet staff, excellent cleaning service. I recommend !!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank zlonik
kildare
Reviewed 11 May 2012

My husband and I stayed in Hotel Lancelot for one week in April, Arrecife is quiet at this time as the holiday season has not yet started. The hotel is in a great location looking right out to the sea. We paid a bit extra for a sea view room and it was well worth it as the view was breathtaking! The hotel is clean and nice,a bit basic but it has everything you will need, lovely big bathroom, king size bed ( a bit hard and not enough pillows), nice little balcony and a TV with a few English channels. Arrecife is so lovely that you wont want to be in the hotel you will be too busy in the little restaurants and cafes!
The breakfast is basic too with spanish style food: breads, pastries, cheeses, cold meats etc, some hot food (no Irish fry up in sight.)
There is an amazing restaurant right around the corner called Lillium- it is quite expensive but well worth the visit- most amazing place I have eaten in ages!
The hotel staff are so helpful and welcoming and will do anything to make your stay more pleasurable, overall a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Go for the Sea View, well worth the extra money!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KildareHolidaygirl
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Hotel location is in a great spot right on the beach in Arricife. Room was very modern, clean, roomy compared to European standards. Breakfast buffet was good with several hot served items also instead of just cold cuts. Small pool and workout room located on the roof also. This was my first trip to the island and after I took the bus to Puerto Carmen I realized that it has a lot more going on, however, I preferred staying in Arrecife because it's more peaceful and making trips into PC when I wanted to go out to eat or to a club. Bus stop is ~300 meters from Lancelot and the ride was very cheap and they ran all night long about every 20-30 minutes as I recall. I'm not the type that worries about how many stars a hotel is rated at, so my review may not help some travelers, but I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I return to the island.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Davos
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I have now stayed at the Hotel Lancelot three times and have NEVER been disappointed. Do pay the few euros extra for a room overlooking the marvellous beach and the sea and watch out for big cruise ships sailing past just a couple of hundred yards away. Enjoy sitting on the balcony as the sun goes down and then go down for dinner. The last time I was there a scrumptious buffet was served and I defy anybody to say there was no choice. Breakfast was also excellent though Brits expecting the same tyre of fried food they would get at home are just not thinking this through. I had melon with serrano ham and terrific coffee and it was perfect. The staff are all very friendly and most helpful. Next time I am in Arrecife and I shall definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I can only repeat what other reviewers have said, book a room with a sea view. You won't regret...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank AnnaDavos
Ringwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in March, and as our previous visit found the hotel ideal, clean large room, sea facing and balcony, good choice for breakfast, helpful staff, and excellent value for money, and great location.

Room Tip: Ask for 4th or 5th floor sea facing
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arrecife
Hotel Diamar
#6 of 9 in Arrecife
Occidental Lanzarote Playa
Occidental Lanzarote Playa
#7 of 38 in Costa Teguise

Been to Lancelot Hotel? Share your experiences!