Sol Costa Atlantis
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Palmeras Playa(Puerto de la Cruz)
  • Restaurant
Checkin Concordia Playa(Puerto de la Cruz)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Apartamentos Alta(Puerto de la Cruz)
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
H10 Tenerife Playa(Puerto de la Cruz)
  • Pool
Be Live Experience Orotava(Puerto de la Cruz)
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
ValleMar(Puerto de la Cruz)
  • Pool
Catalonia Las Vegas(Puerto de la Cruz)
  • Pool
Hotel RF Astoria(Puerto de la Cruz)
  • Pool
Apartamentos RF Bambi(Puerto de la Cruz)
2,065 results
All reviewssea viewper dayrooftop spasauna and steam roomhalf boardtop floorsea frontlovely hotelpool areawalk in showerfresh fruitplenty of choiceevening mealroom safehotel barreception stafftravel kettle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed three days, booked on expedia. On check in the receptionist did not have the reservation and insisted on seeing something on paper. Showing him the email from expedia was not good enough. I had to forward the email to him. There were no sea view rooms available, fair enough ... it was a late booking and high season. The room we had was 312 , low floor looking at the street. Carpet in the hall was stained. While the breakfast buffet was good, the patrons were mostly of 'a certain age' and the experience felt very much like being at an old folks home in Bavaria. The room itself was on the boring side, and not worth 120 euros per night. What it comes down to is ... get a room with seaview and it would be quite alright. If you don't have a seaview, you are better off at Palmeras Playa across the street, a much better value.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank madryga
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We had a view of the sea and the mountain because we paid extra for it, We were on the second floor which meant we could bypass the lifts but the views were not as good as the 9th Floor. Breakfasts were very good but not peaceful.The cleaning staff were very friendly and good but the front of house could have been more friendly and really did not want to answer questions.(The Information Bureau in town is excellent)
However we did not have an Xpelair and the bathroom did smell a bit. Also no fridge and the safe was very pricey. The beds are comfortable but not the pillows.
There was always evening entertainment and the bar staff were quite good,
We did go in for dinner on one occasion but it was VERY expensive and no atmosphere at all. There were lots of good restaurants in town so it did not matter.
We would stay there again because it is so convenient.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better views you get providing you pay more.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alvertonian
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed here for one week at the start of January. This was my second visit, having stayed 3 years ago after the hotel was renovated. Simply put, standards have greatly slipped. Don't get me wrong, this is still a great hotel, but I was a little disappointed that it was not what it once was.
First off, the positives - The ocean views are absolutely breathtaking, especially in a room from the 9th floor. The location is also great, only a few minutes of pleasant walking to the centre of town.
We treated ourselves to a massage in the spa and as other reviewers have noted it really is worth the money, albeit a little pricey. I believe a 30min back and leg massage to 'remove contractures' was about €75.
Personally I do like the modern decor, however it is certainly looking a little shabby compared to my first visit.
My main disappointment was the food. For the price of this hotel I really was expecting more. It was a mediocre buffet, which just wasn't good enough for what we paid. Breakfast was great, but dinner wasn't. The meat was extremely tough, the fish poor quality and the deserts, while tasty, were just layers of cream and gelatine.
The service wasn't great either. Receptionists were slow to acknowledge you at all and the one time I tried to call a waiter over, he completely ignored me. We later saw his boss scolding him for his poor attitude though.
The daytime waiter in the bar where we had tea and lunch was absolutely lovely! I couldn't praise him enough. The cleaner was also friendly and the rooms were always spotless.
Overall not a nightmare, but a disappointment.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jane G
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed end of January 2014. Bit mystified by some of the other reviews. We stayed for 7 nights. The weather was not particularly good . We opted for bed and breakfast. My wife and I really liked the hotel. We couldn’t get a sea view they said they were all gone.
The room we had was large , kept very clean and really good, lovely bathroom.
I liked the public areas. The bar was a bar, served drink when I came home at night and coffee in the day if I wanted it. Our entertainment was going out at night eating in some lovely restaurants and drinking in interesting bars. The young duet providing entertainment was a bonus with a nightcap before bed .The reception staff were a bit dour but very helpful. I thought their friendliness depended on their English language ability but all seemed to speak fluent English. I agree with the comments on the 3 euro charge for a safe.-why ? Not had this before in a hotel for years. Bit penny pinching. Yes on a number of days we had to queue to get in for breakfast. We thought it was because if the weather had been better many people could have eaten outside and there would have been plenty of room. We liked the breakfast. Ok so it didn’t do English bacon, black pudding and proper sausages but we were in Tenerife and I wasn’t expecting it. What it had was plentiful and good. The list of food goes on and on. Oh you could have cava for breakfast I didn’t but some did. The hotel was in a good position, right next to the sea and the start of the promenade which goes into olde Puerto. We cannot wait to go back and the Beatriz is a place we will certainly be considering for a revisit. Why not?

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank upshire
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 9 days in the middle of January, and on the whole, found the standards to be as good as before, with one or two exceptions.
Pros: Cleaning and servicing of the room was excellent - very thorough. Unlike another reviewer, we found the beds very comfortable, (although agreed, the bedside lighting is poor for reading.) When we asked for an extra two pillows, they arrived almost immediately. Plenty of room, with comfy chairs in the room, and 2 harder ones out on the balcony. Excellent shower.
Staff; very friendly, and very hard-working. Initially you might think they're a bit stand-offish
sometimes, but as soon as you make overtures, they are all smiles, especially if you try to speak some Spanish to them. (most do speak some English, although the more common language is German, as there are many more German tourists than English here, as in Puerto as a whole.) Reception staff are briskly efficient, with some more approachable than others, but all have English.
Dining room - while we were there the hotel was full, so sometimes you had to queue for a table, but never for more than a few minutes. The 2 maitre d's certainly worked for their money, and walked miles every day, very quickly ! Extremely helpful the one day my husband wasn't very well, and I had to take a tray up to the room. The breakfasts were very good - and the gripe about the orange juice can no longer be made ! Every morning there were freshly made smoothies and juices, which were wonderful. There is so much choice - and plenty of fresh fruit - melons and grapefruit ready cut up, but a large variety of other fresh fruit, whatever is in season locally, plus plenty of dried. Admittedly the tinned stuff didn't look very appetising. Dinners again had plenty of choice, although rather heavy on German-type meats and stews. However, as a fish-eater, I was spoilt for choice, and it was nicely cooked too. Loads of salads. Desserts were still very disappointing most of the time, however.
If you want peace, you can have a table to yourself, if you want company, you can choose a table about 6" away from the next, and usually can strike up a conversation - we met some very interesting people that way !
Cons: Biggest one was a distinctly drain-like smell in the bathroom when we first arrived. There didn't seem to be a functioning Xpelair, so we complained, and learned that it was a problem in a few rooms on a couple of floors, and they were working on it. A technician had a look, a cleaner came and sprayed and plunged, and it was better for a while, but returned. As the hotel was full, they couldn't move us for a couple of days, so we just put up with it. As we were right next to the service lift shaft, we probably had it worst. Anyway, come Monday, they moved us up to a corner room on the 11th floor, which was actually a sort of suite - much better than the original, and smell-free - brilliant view in 2 directions too !
Wi-fi - it did work in both our first room (904, and fantastic view of Mount Teide), and the 2nd, 1113, although it varied from room to balcony, and sometimes cut out for no reason, but it always connected eventually.
Safe: at 3euros per day, we didn't bother - we might have considered it for 5euros per week, but it should really be free. No fridge, but you could always get ice from the bar. No kettle, but we had a coil water heater which did the job just as well. We bought large bottles of drinking water from the supermarket up the road, and kept them out on the balcony at night.
All things considered, we'd still recommend it, but I'm marking it down a little because of the smell problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the mountains rather than the sea, that way you get the sun in the afternoon. The higher up the better - floors 8-11 are good.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple