We travelled to the north of Tenerife to the Semiramis, as part of an all-inclusive Saga package tour, four weeks for the price of three from 11/02 to 11/03/2014. The Semiramis is a multi-storey hotel clinging to the cliff face with incredible views across the bay. Having read previous reviews, we asked for, and were given, a room on the 10th floor, reducing the road noise and sound of the sea crashing onto the rocks below. Our room was large and airy, with a large bathroom, and cleaned daily to a very high standard by our maid, Candelaria. Facing north, we did not sit out on the balcony. We never managed to get the wifi to work in the room, but it was fine in reception.
The hotel is, apparently, being modernised, but the public areas were immaculate, and the reception staff were pleasant and helpful. Several of the staff spoke fluent English. The restaurant is a buffet-style and the huge range of salads, and food cooked as-you-wait was always at the correct temperature and very fresh. We had swordfish, shark, prawns, an amazing variety of fish and meats. Service for the drinks was sometimes slow, possibly worse at lunch; the tablecloths were changed after every use, and we always found a clean table to use.
The resident 'animater' was Karen, and she managed to provide an very comprehensive timetable of activities every morning, six days a week. She is an absolute jewel, being very careful of the less-able and cheerfully motivating the remainder....her morning stretching sessions were very well attended.
For those of us more able, the walk to Puerto de la Cruz took about 5-10 minutes, using a subway under the main road outside. We found nothing exceptional in Puerto, but a good range of supermarkets and pharmacies were available, so a good location for a hotel. In addition, there is an excellent laundrette there, essential to us, for a month on holiday.
There was an excellent, if on the small side, heated pool, which was very clean and very warm! A spa treatment area was on this floor, and the staff here were very professional and polite.The weather precluded use of a large outdoor pool. As SAGA guests, we had our own lounge, but there were sufficient areas for other guests to sit, both inside and out.
We were surprised how much we enjoyed staying at the Semiramis hotel, and would not hesitate to suggest it to those of (like us) retirement age. Younger people, particularly those travelling in the cooler months, might find too many golden oldies for comfort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Best Semiramis is a confortable establishment of five stars located in the quiet residential area of “La Paz”, 1.5 km away from Puerto de la Cruz and leisure complex “Lago Martianez”. It offers wonderful views of the sea and the north Coast of Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Best Semiramis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Semiramis Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Hotel Best Semiramis Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz