“Loro Parque”

US$26.74*
Puerto de la Cruz City Tour with Transfers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Loro Parque is the world-famous and adored by all animal adventure park in the Canaries. Get ready for excitement and fun at this "must see" attraction..
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Loro Parque is the most beautyful place ever... I was able to watch all the animal shows... and by staying in Puerto de la Cruze transport was free... entry fee was very resonable with all the shows free... there are still expansions going on so when we go back next year I expect it to be even better... If you go with children make sure you take enough food because food and drink prices are very expensive... but in all a great day out

There are newer reviews for Loro Parque

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I visited Tenerife last year and stayed there 2 weeks. Since the Island isnt that big we decided to rent a car for 5 days and drive around. Together with the car we got plenty of offers for different trips and we chose to go to Loro Parque. I must say that it was amazing. Plenty of different shows and for the first time in my life I saw whales ! We didnt look at everything in details, because I would say that one day isn't enough to see everything without rushing. The best thing about the parque is the aquarium- basically you walk under the water with sharks swimming above your head ! Loved it!

It's totally worth the price and perfect for families. Got some amazing pictures from there, so don't forget your camera !

1  Thank Aleksandra B
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Not as good as I hoped. The park is deceiving not as big as I thought. I'm from London so I'm used to London zoo with the various types of animals. There was no elephants, giraffes or lions, mainly fishes. Which was highly fascinating but can get boring at times. The shows were not that entertaining especially the killer whale. All that show consisted of the whale splashing the crowd and jumping up out of the water. It's a place to visit because your in Tenerife but only once. If you are driving I would suggest taking the route through Mount Teide highly fascinating views of the island and pictures above the clouds. However it does take quite some time to reach the top. The route that I took was the motorway to the park via Santa Cruz for quickness and Mount Teide on the way back for scenery and pictures.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I wasn't sure about booking this trip as my children are getting older now but it was highly enjoyed by all of us. We went to the last Orca show of the day and most people had gone home by then, we got really close and ended up getting soaked in the splash zone, that and the penguins are unmissable.

1  Thank Jan S
Reviewed 25 August 2014

What an amazing day with the real WOW factor. The park is very clean and well maintained and the animals have very good enclosures. The main shows are absolutely entertaining and enjoyed by all. The entrance price is expensive but once you see the park and shows you can understand why. The 'Discovery Tour' was worth the extra fee and took you on a behind the scenes tour of the park to areas out-of-bounds to the other members of the Public. This included going underneath the Whale enclosure to witness at first hand the area where the trainers use and seeing where the Gorillas sleep and eat. The 'Priority' fee guaranteed you the best seats at the main shows, so long as you arrived 15 minutes prior to the show starting. The food and beverages were expensive as were the cuddly toys every child seemed to want when leaving at the end of the day. A fixed price menu was approximately 15 euros each.

TIPS - Get there as early as possible and take the route on the map in reverse order then you miss the crowds i.e. walk clockwise. We arrived on the first free train from Puerto de la Cruz and manged to see a majority of the park prior to the crowds arriving. The Park was open to 18:45hrs but you'll find that most of the coach tours will leave at 16:30hrs which will allow you time to enjoy the park and later show times without the pushing and shoving for spaces and seats. The walking is very up and down inclines so may impede some of the less mobile people. Sun creams and plenty of fluids advised on hot days as sheltered from sea breezes. We had the opportunity to purchase a ticket for a second visit (valid for 14 days) for 13 euros before leaving the park - ideal if you didn't get to see everything.

1  Thank Yorkie-Biscuit