The hotel is nicely situated, the seafront being 5-7 minutes easy walk down some steps followed by a pleasant avenue. I see some reviewers have remarked about the steps etc but if you're reasonably mobile it shouldn't be a problem. And you can always get a taxi back up! Pleasant bar and a very nice secluded pool area. Guests when we were there were predominantly German with some British and Spanish. Good free wifi (though there was a 48-hour outage when we were there).
The room was pleasant and clean. Decent shower, good size balcony. All the socket outlets were taken up with lamps etc so a continental multi-plug is advisable. Fridge. A/C wasn't working but this didn't bother us.
The big downside of the room was the beds. Firm (as with many Spanish and Portuguese hotels, we've found) but old and needing replacement - the springs were very much in evidence. In retrospect we should have complained and insisted on new mattresses but instead we just put folded blankets under the bottom sheet and put up with not very comfortable nights. Hence 3* rather than 4* overall.
Most of the hotel guests seemed to be on half or full board and the dining room typically will be full with 400+ people. All the food is served buffet style. The standard was what you might expect in this environment - some items (typically salads and the daily roast) we found very good. Other stuff (sweets/desserts especially) wasn't very good. Best advice is to treat eating here as a refuelling stop rather than a gastronomic experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Puerto de la Cruz is located in the residential area of La Paz of Puerto de la Cruz, with fantastic views towards the sea or towards Mount Teide. The hotel has been recently refurbished and is surrounded by a splendid subtropical garden with a large variety of regional plants.It is situated 10 minutes from the city centre and from the Martiánez swimming pool and artifitial lake complex, creation of the lanzaroteño artist César Manrique.The capital Santa Cruz is 35 km away and the airports Reina Sofía (south) and Los Rodeos (north) are 96 km and 25 km away respectively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Puerto de la Cruz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Puerto De La Cruz Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Puerto De La Cruz Sol
- Hotel Puerto De La Cruz Tenerife