We have just returned from enjoyable stay at the De la Cruz hotel.
Hotel is well presented and very clean. Booking in takes little time and on our arrival at 9:45pm the restaurant was able to accommodate us (party of 5).
The room was clean and the beds comfortable, with a good size bathroom which marbled throughout. The room we occupied also had built in wardrobes and a safe( I guess you have to rent at an extra cost ?) with a balcony with a view to the pool area below.
The pool a good size and not over crowded so can be enjoyed by all ages
The lower pool area is kept very clean and the life guard as well as doing his job, is always busy tidying up and speaking with the guests, but don’t think he misses anything going on in the pool!!
The guy is eagle eyed, so you can rest assured the kids are always safe (if you have little ones)
The pool bar is good with a selection of snacks and drinks, although if you go all inclusive, ice creams have to be purchased.
As with any hotel sun loungers can be problematic, but we didn’t have any problems getting one near the pool every day!
The variety of food in the restaurant is great, with a good choice of dishes from salads to pasta, fish and meats.
The fresh fish is fantastic and the chicken, lamb chops, pork loin and turkey are all excellent.
The staff in there really do work hard and they are constantly on the go but are always there to help if you ask for anything.
During our stay there seemed to be a lot of Spainish guests , and it was noticable that they seems to receive a little more attention than any others ?
The bar area in the hotel, has entertainment on every evening.
Seats are easily available but the room is divided into 2 sections with plants so it is difficult to see the acts if you in the wrong side of the room.
The bar has a 2 drink rule, ridiculous as I was with my wife any son !! but service at the bar is reasonably quick, there was only on instance in the 2 weeks where the queue was excessive and it took 16 minutes to be served!
A suggestion to the hotel may be a self-service beer point at or near the bar ??!!
I'm English , I enjoy queuing as much as the next man , but please , not when I'm on holiday !!
On the whole the hotel is very very good, clean, relaxed, with efficient staff doing a god job.
The brochure pictures do not do the place justice !!
The whole stay was a enjoyable and we all felt totally relaxed at the end of our stay
Would we return …. Certainly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Puerto de la Cruz is located in the residential area of La Paz of Puerto de la Cruz, with fantastic views towards the sea or towards Mount Teide. The hotel has been recently refurbished and is surrounded by a splendid subtropical garden with a large variety of regional plants.It is situated 10 minutes from the city centre and from the Martiánez swimming pool and artifitial lake complex, creation of the lanzaroteño artist César Manrique.The capital Santa Cruz is 35 km away and the airports Reina Sofía (south) and Los Rodeos (north) are 96 km and 25 km away respectively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your Hotel Puerto de la Cruz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Puerto De La Cruz Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Puerto De La Cruz Sol
- Hotel Puerto De La Cruz Tenerife