We have just returned from the Sol Parque San Antonio.
Previous reviews have commented about the steep climb to the hotel but we found this to be a pleasure rather than a burden and there was a free bus transfer throughout the day should you wish to avail yourself. There was a taxi rank outside the front entrance and cost €3/4.
The pool and grounds were amazing - very well kept and interesting. It was obvious that the hotel take great pride in these aspects.
We stayed B&B - the food was exactly what you would expect; plentiful and with freshly cooked eggs/omelettes, warm breads etc. It did get a little busy at times but we never had an issue finding seating or moving around.
Our room was fine for a short break, with fridge and air con/heating (which was needed as we had a few rainy days). Maybe a little dated but it was comfortable and certainly nothing that detracted from the purpose of our vacation. The room was cleaned daily and the maid was very professional and polite. Our terrace was shared, but unobtrusively so, looking onto a small lawned area. We were next to the road however the road noise wasn't as big an issue for us as some reviews have suggested - I think it's a little unrealistic to expect total tranquility - maybe we just had the right location. The view up to Tiede was stunning.
We didn't make use of the entertainment on site so can't comment on this but it seemed lively and well attended.
The other guests were predominantly older German guests but we speak (a little) German and everyone was very polite and friendly.
There was extensive wifi coverage but the cost of this seemed a little prohibitive; but most bars and cafes in the town do offer free wifi.
Overall, a relaxing and enjoyable stay - we would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Parque San Antonio provides pleasant facilities surrounded by tropical gardens which, combined with the exquisite service of our staff, allow you to enjoy a relaxing holidays. Its privileged location makes possible to admire stuning views of the Mount Teide, the Orotava Valley and the Atlantic Ocean, and being really close from the beaches and touristic areas of Puerto de la Cruz. Our pool area with large green spaces will incite you to enjoy swimming or to relax sunbathing with the sound of nature as background music. The spacious and comfortable rooms full of natural light allow you to find the relaxation and rest you deserve. Delight the delicious breakfasts and dinners that our buffet restaurant offers, with a gastronomic proposal where local products and inspiring recipes are perfectly blended. During the day, you can enjoy snacks and a wide variety of drinks at the Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Parque San Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Parque San Antonio Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Parque San Antonio Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz