What a great hotel... despite looking pretty ordinary from the entrance, it transformed into something special once we got inside. The staff were really warm and friendly, and sincerely so. They really looked after us and made us feel especially welcome right up until, and including, the check-out. We stayed for a week and completely unwound and relaxed. The basic room was really good - we stayed in 221 which afforded sea, garden and Mount Teide views as it's on a corner. Please note the bed is two singles pushed together, though. There's no tea making facilities in the room, either, which encouraged us to pop down to the bar in the late evenings for a cuppa. We only had to resort to room service a couple of times. The restaurants in the hotel are pretty good, if a little expensive. Despite intending to venture into town most evenings, we ended up staying at the hotel to eat most days, so half board would have been a good idea in hindsight. The gardens are lovely and really well maintained, and there's loads of great terraces and seating areas - both inside and out - to find a peaceful spot to chill out. The free WiFi came in handy to add a book to the Kindle. The spa area is fantastic, and no kids under sixteen in there too. Breakfast is really good and reflects the popularity with Spanish, German, French and British visitors in its offerings. All in all, a great hotel for couples looking to unwind and relax. Deserves its five star plus rating. Really enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz