Bill Clinton and Placido Domingo - not to say various Royal families - evidently share great taste.
Hotel Botanico combines great facilities (outdoor pools, tennis courts, putting green) with a team that go the extra mile and genuinely enjoy being part of it. The hotel attracts a healthy mix of young families and seniors from across Europe and beyond.
Breakfast is served indoors and outdoors, offering something for everyone. We particularly enjoyed Il Pappagallo - well managed (Suzanne), with first class food and service. For those looking for a change of scene in the evenings, Magnolia (across the road) is a compelling alternative - try the fillet steak stuffed with prawns and avocado. For something a little different, Mamma Rosa (in town) is worth a visit. For (delightful) coffee and cake, El Aderno is a couple of minutes walk down the hill and - for us - proved a regular fixture.
The reading room is a nice spot to lose yourself in the Daily Telegraph or a book from the burgeoning collection (ordered in Spanish, German and English).
Visits to La Orotava and, farther afield, up Mt Teide were most rewarding.
Special mention must go to Steph and colleagues at the Botanico Kinder Aventura, who arrange action-packed trips/VIP access to Loro Parque for some of the smaller guests.
The 10 glorious days passed much too quickly - the perfect backdrop for our daughter's fifth birthday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz