Have just returned from one week at the Hotel Botanica which we enjoyed very much. I read all the recent Trip Advisor comments on the hotel before we went and was glad to find everthing as was described. The hotel is in a beautiful setting and we got exactly what we were promised by the excellent Helena on reservations - two large comfortable adjoining rooms for myself and my two sons, aged 14.5 & 13.5. on the first floor. We loved the sea view and we were very happy with room cleanliness and room service.
Hotel facilities were really great - my boys loved to be able to play table tennis, snooker and tennis every day. They tried the Kids' Club but were very much too old for it -its advertised to age 12 but they said it was more suited to much smaller children. So they just hung out by the main pool (which was deep, clean and a wonderful temperature) or caught up with the Olympic coverage in our rooms. If we'd been there for more than a week they said they would have become a bit bored though. Not many other teenagers whilst we were there.
The breakfast was wonderful and it was a lovely way to start the day by eating out on the pool terrace. Some restaurant staff were very friendly, like Charlie who is the short-order chef and others were functional. Most didn't speak any english so we tried our spanish which worked - we got coffee when we needed it etc.
Pool service was a little erratic and we were upset on the first morning when the pool attendant unceremoniously and rudely kicked one of my sons off a sunbed because he had pulled it out of line. I did mention it to the hotel Manager who dealt with it swiftly and kept an eye out for us for the rest of the week , which made us feel very well looked after.
We ate in the Oriental Restaurant and Il Pappagallo, both were nice experiences and the only complaint was the fake mashed potato instead of fresh - not up to 5*s! We loved being a step away from the town and ate out a couple of times at local restaurants for a reasonable amount. Really wanted to try one recomendation I found on Trip Advisor for the restaurant, Le Tucan which everyone said was really good but they were on their holidays!
The Spa was glorious - I went there almost every day and had some kind of treatment - I loved the reflexology treatment and the deep massage. The atmosphere was peaceful and relaxing and I loved the hot apple tea they offer you.
All in all, a great week's holiday where everything was as promised or better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz