We have stayed here previously about 5 years ago, it was a very good 5 star hotel. but today alas times change and so has the botanico whilst the spa area is above average,the hotel is not,it's tired and jaded .Rooms are of a reasonable size but in need of decorating,carpets in the hallways/walkways are stained and worn . staff are soso one or two were very helpful.We had a meal in one of the al a carte restaurant and were served instant mash potatoes, when i complained the waiter argued with me that it was normal potatoes (his words) but you can tell by the taste/texture,he replaced them with boiled potatoes but by then my meal had gone cold and they would not cook another dish .not a happy diner.There are some very good restaurants around this hotel, the Tucan is one very good place to eat if you book and are willing to wait for your meal we waited best part of 2 hours for two courses.turn right directly out of the hotel and walk behind the putting green follow the road round to the righton to urb Jordan Toucan go down the hill and its on the corner next to the Dentist on Calle Sebastian Padron Acosta.70euros for two with wine.
Also worth visiting are the following Mil Sabores in Town on calla Verde.El Patio on Calle Del Lomo andthe Regulo on Calle san felipe. Need i say we will not be returning to the botanico vary disapointing. the spa area is very nice but the management do not enforce any of the rule they have made for this area ie no smoking ,no drinking alcahol and no eating . the last two i have no problem with but i have a severe chest condition and chose this hotel because of the no smoking area and found my self having to go up to my room to get away from the smoke and use my medication when i told the Duty Manager his reaction was so what.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz