We have just spent a week at the Botanico (our second visit) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't agree with the negative reviews on the site - we had a great time. The staff in particular are marvellous - very helpful and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The receptionist Pino summed it up when she said - " 'not possible' is not a phrase we use here at Botanico" - this was when we asked to change our half board arrangement for one night which was not straightforward for her to do but she sorted it out with a smile. Yes - it is a traditional hotel - not the most modern decor in the world - but it was well kept and seemed to be regularly refurbished. As it was a quiet time of year they had closed one of the floors and it was all being decorated.
We had one of the standard rooms overlooking the pool and Mount Teide. The rooms are a decent size, all with a small balcony. The only thing we would say about the room is that the bathroom was looking a little tired - probably the height of sophistication 15 years ago but now needs a bit of updating. If you go at a quiet time of year as we did I wouldn't recommend shelling out for a suite or penthouse - you don't really need the facilities of a private terrace with sunbeds as you will always be able to get space round the pool or in the spa garden. However, you might consider the penthouses if you are there in peak season.
We particularly enjoyed the spa. The thermal circuit is included (unlike other places we have stayed which charge an arm and a leg to use it) and was well-maintained. We found the sauna quite hot enough!
We also got very good service from the Concierge and Reception - Toni was a joy - always greeted us like long-lost friends whenever we went to ask something!
We like the town and went down there both in the daytime and in the evening. There are quite a few good places to eat, although some are very touristy - but there are also good places very hear the hotel. Tucan (mentioned in a previous review) is great, also Bacco.
We ate in the hotel's 3 different restaurants for 3 nights and enjoyed all of them. Prices were about what we expected for a 5 star hotel. The breakfasts are very good - probably the best we have experienced. A huge buffet, with cook-to-order as well. And the bonus of very hot water in thermos pots brought to you so you could have a good cuppa!
Overall a very nice place to stay with excellent service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz