“Really great hotel living up to its claim to be a "Leading Hotel of the World"”

Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden
Ranked #2 of 81 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 June 2010

Fantastic hotel. Great service right from arrival and delightful staff throughout the hotel. Spotlessly clean. Probably the best spa you will ever visit and free jacuzzi, hot tub, pool etc. Great practice golf course (free) and only my husband on it. Went on hotel tour to the kitchens etc. - all equally clean. Food can be expensive so go for b and b or half board - the best beakfast ever with everything you can think of available!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden

Reviewed 31 May 2010

Spent two nights here while visiting the north side of the island. It's quite hard to find by car; they don't exactly make it easy with the signage. (Clue: it's close to the Botanic Gardens - doh!) Anyway, once you are in; this is a big old fashioned grandeur kind of place; no trace of Philippe Starck here. It's all about acres of quality shagpile and vintage wooden textures. Discreet, polite and welcoming staff. We felt really young compared to the (majority of) the other guests, and it's fair to say that neither of us are exactly in the first flush of youth. The spa facilities are splendid and we preferred the chilled atmosphere in this area to the main hotel. Hey, if it's good enough for Bill Clinton; it's good enough for us.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dodger23
Reviewed 7 April 2010

A charming, old world hotel (yet quite modern building). Very sophisticated ambiance. High quality decor througout the hotel. Quiet pool area and comfy sunloungers. Towel service provided by a lovely lady (wonderful service! - Thank You!) Beautiful spa and separate spa pool.
In general the staff is very friendly and helpful. It is obvious that the hotel is taken
care by a professional management (the management is visible every day). Delicious, high quality breakfast buffet. There are three different restaurants. However, the standards should be improved, as nowadays none of the restaurants is above average.
I do agree with the previous TA writer: the music in the elegant bar is below par.
I would love to listen to smooth jazz or light classical while enjoying a glass of cava, instead of 'My Way' and 'Tie a yellow ribbon...'. , please do something for the music.
Botanico has been my favourite hotel in the Canary Islands for years. A true Grand Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThenHePackedAndLeft
Reviewed 26 March 2010

My first time at the Botanico. They say you never get a second chance to create a first impression. Having driven from Tenerife sur in a hire car I was sweaty and tired. Unprompted, a lady arrived with a glass of mango juice to welcome me to the hotel. Great service. And that was the theme for my stay. The management of this hotel seem to have injected a wonderful between balance of friendliness and service. I really couldn't fault the place, well if I'm honest, except for one thing. The musical entertainment was internationally boring (declares an interest, I am a musician). I felt sorry for those poor guys banging out the same standards every night. I don't really want to hear "I Just Called to Say I Love You" every night. What has Stevie Wonder got to do with the Canary Islands - not much I would guess!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2010

First time I went to Tenerife, although my friends all told me to go to the south, I was looking for a more relaxed holiday without the beer drinking crowds and tried to get away from the mass market tourism. My boyfriend and I spend most of our time in the amazing Spa of the Hotel, which is included in the room rate except for the individual treatments. My boyfriend spend a lot of time in the gym trying to get rid of some weight and I enjoyed a lot the volcanic stone massage. Staff was always very friendly and welcoming and really do give a personal service. Gardens of the Hotel are impecable and joy to relax and read a good book. The hotel offers different themed restauarants and our favorite was the Thai. It is nice to know that there are still hotels who offer waiter service in their restaurants instead of Buffets. Room was great looking over the Volcany Teide and had a nice private balcony. All together we really had a wonderfull and romantic holiday and it was good value for money. We probably want to go back this summer and stay for 2 weeks and book the weightloss programm which includes full-board but with a personalised diet with low-calorie haut cuisine, sounds great to be able to have lovely food and still lose wieght on a holiday.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2010

Botanico is the best! First visit already in 1986 and now even better, with the Thai-spa and more services around. Visits in 2006 and then three years later, only gets better and better...even with the teenagers. No need to go down-town, and who wants to leave this Paradise!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2009

we were welcomed at the hotel with yummy drinks at reception while checking-in, the check-in was fast and in no time, we arrived to our HUGE room!!! we couldnt believe that these were classic rooms! the bathroom was so luxurious, the view from the balcony was breathtaking. breakfast was excellent and we had a couples' spa package which was very relaxing.. we seriously couldnt have asked for a better honeymoon hotel

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto de la Cruz
IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel El Mirador
RedLevel at Gran Melia Palacio de Isora
Royal Garden Villas
Royal Garden Villas
#1 of 59 in Costa Adeje

Been to Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden? Share your experiences!