Hotel Botanico is the perfect retreat - I stayed there alone for my birthday in November 2010 and when I looked out of my room on my birthday it was magical - the sun was emerging above the mountains and the conifer trees surrounding the pool I overlooked completed the picture. It is a lovely hotel but if you don't intend using the spa facilities extensively you wont get the best out of your stay - the spa is truly amazing - it was built after the main hotel so it is much smarter than the main pool area, which in my opinion does let the hotel down - it's certainly not what the 5 star rating was judged on. I was also pleasantly surprised by the surrounding area - the hotel is just a stones throw from lots of little shops, cafes and restaurants - the brochure stated the hotel 'was in a residential area' so I was delighted to be able to browse and frequent the shops, cafes and restaurants. Northern Tenerife is renowned for being cloudy which it was - but when the sun did come out it was quite lovely. If you are hoping for sun every day maybe the north may not be what you are after. I would definitely go back to Hotel Botanico and would recommend it to anyone wanting 'an away from it all holiday'
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Jet2Holidays , Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz