Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden
Apartamentos Casablanca(Puerto de la Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$82
  • Pool
Hotel Best Semiramis(Puerto de la Cruz)
US$106
  • Pool
H10 Tenerife Playa(Puerto de la Cruz)
US$100
US$140
US$133
  • Breakfast included
Sol Costa Atlantis(Puerto de la Cruz)
US$105
US$100
Melia.com
  • Beachfront
4Dreams Hotel(Puerto de la Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$42
  • Pool
Catalonia Las Vegas(Puerto de la Cruz)
US$63
  • Pool
Hotel Puerto Palace(Puerto de la Cruz)
US$85
  • Pool
Hotel Sun Holidays(Puerto de la Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$46
Be Live Adults Only Tenerife(Puerto de la Cruz)
US$87
US$84
  • Restaurant
1,798 results
All reviewsblack swansputting greenkoi carpthermal circuittai chiice roomambassador suiteleading hotels of the worldturn down servicela parrillawater bedsbeautiful hotelmain poolinterconnecting roomsbreakfast buffet isbotanical gardenschocolate fountain
Reviewed 5 January 2011

What can I say?! This hotel is wonderful...the standard of service... the staff... the...everything! There isn't anything I can add to the previous reviews, apart from to say that it's even better then you can imagine. I spent my days by the pool watching wild parrots squawking around the beautiful gardens. An hour a day in the world class spa and ate Michelin star type evening meals in the formal/friendly restaurants. It's 3 euros in a taxi (or the free shuttle bus - hourly) into Puerto de la Cruz - I loved this spotless little town, with plenty of bars, cafes and shops. A special mention must be made about the Yoga and Tai Chi instructors, they are world class too. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank butterfly1111
Reviewed 27 December 2010

This was my second stay in Botanico. After having "forgotten" Tenerife for nearly 40 years I found it again in 2006 and Botanico was my choise. I enjoyed my stay in the hotel and PDLC as well.Now I travelled solo for the first three days and afterwards my sister joined me.
I had reserved our room direct from the hotel, there was an offer and we got a penthouse suite on the 5th floor. Service in the reservation by e-mail was very helpful and fast, I mentioned I had been in Botanico in 2006. So when I arrived from TFN I got a very warm welcome as a "regular" guest (it is easy to write some nice words about clients to be read when they come,but it seems a very warm welcome) with a glas of fresh juice. The penthouse suite is actually a room with a large bathroom and a large balcony to the mountins with sunbeds; also we enjoyed a bottle of red wine (vintage 2001,very tasty) and fresh fruits, as well there is a free internet in the room and beautiful roses. All this extra twice during my 10 days stay. The room was very clean all the time, the chambermaids are very friendly and helpful - and we shared some good jokes in spanish...? ...so I understood. The staff in Botanico is very,very nice, especially in the reception and in the Spa and they,in general, speak fluently english and german, french is not necessary, I prosume. There were a lot of elderely german couples in the hotel; so if you speak german you may have a small laugh talking small with them.
The Spa is just super and if you want to exercise, there is a good fitness room and all kind of Gym during the day, last but not least is stretching. There are two swimmingpools outside and one inside in the spa, and a jacuzzi. A small and intimate very warm jacuzzi outside the spa in a small cave - just find it! The main swimmingpool is in the marvelous and large garden area.You can play golf on a small putting green and play tennis,too. All massages are very relaxing: after ayurveda I went to bed, read a book maybe two lines and slept 10 hours! Ursula´s volcano stone treatment took only 30 mins, but was very relaxing,too. Try also manicure, the service is excellent! The breakfast is very good but I´d prefere a huge table full of fresh fruits etc than all the sweets...gained two kilos during my stay...
It is but a good exercise to walk down to the centrum and much more to climb up. I agree other reviews there are nice small restaurants nearby to have a lunch/dinner, but in Botanico you eat well,a bit pricy as in the hotels everywhere. So, not every day. The room service is worth of trying,very friendly and fast.
The weather couldn´t have been better: a few showers during 2-3 nights and temp above 20C all the time and sunny, so we could see the snowcovered Teide from the balcony. It is worthwhile to take a taxi and go to Teide,takes about 4-5 hours and costs some 90 euros.Not bad for two persons,you can stop where you want and don´t have to drive. Orotava old town is a must on the way to Teide.
Pets are allowed, but only the tiny ones,that is not fair.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank KnowSnow
Reviewed 19 December 2010

I travelled here for some winter sun. The hotel is exceptional with fabulous service. The spa is truly magnificent. The jacuzzis and various steam rooms were clean and lovely. Most of the time there were only two or three other people in those facilities. The hotel is very quiet in terms of the other guests; most there were older (over 50 average) which was great for some peace but after 10 days I wouldn't have minded kicking my heels up a bit! The restaurants, whilst not too fancy, did do some lovely food: they were aware that I needed a gluten free diet and prepared me something special every evening. The local town of Puerto de la Cruz is a bit 'Southend' but there's actually not that much need to leave the hotel as everything you want is there. We did notice that the staff were friendlier to us when we made an attempt at speaking Spanish (hopeless though we were). They weren't rude to the other guests at all, but they seemed to be pleased we were making the effort, so learn the basics before you go! Having said that, the vast majority of the staff spoke great English. The drinks in the hotel can be expensive, but there are some great local bars. Also, try and get a room that overlooks the pool, it's not at all noisy and the view of the mountains is lovely and much nicer than the more shaded and not so pretty view of the ocean.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Katrina500
Reviewed 18 December 2010

Bored with going round in circles on the internet, trying to find what we wanted, we went to our local travel agent who recommended the Botanico when we said we needed a really relaxing short break, sunshine and some pampering.
We were certainly not disappointed by the Botanico. Ok, some of the bathrooms need updating to 5* standard but the fabulous spa and the charming, friendly staff who couldn't do enough for you more than made up for a non-state-of-the-art bathroom!
The breakfast was very good catering for just about any taste and appetite, everything from porridge to steak, smoked salmon, pastries - the juices were fresh - squeezed or blended to order, plus fresh fruits, yogurts - everything.
As well as four restaurants at the hotel, there were some good restaurants and tapas barsdowntown if you wanted to occasionally eat out - try the Regulo restaurant - and a cab back to the hotel is cheap.
Would we go again - YES. And as for recommending a friend, we brought brochures back for our friends, insisting they'd love it too!
Perfect for a re-charge break. We're fussy and well travelled and we loved it.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WiffyBoy
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Hotel Botanico is the perfect retreat - I stayed there alone for my birthday in November 2010 and when I looked out of my room on my birthday it was magical - the sun was emerging above the mountains and the conifer trees surrounding the pool I overlooked completed the picture. It is a lovely hotel but if you don't intend using the spa facilities extensively you wont get the best out of your stay - the spa is truly amazing - it was built after the main hotel so it is much smarter than the main pool area, which in my opinion does let the hotel down - it's certainly not what the 5 star rating was judged on. I was also pleasantly surprised by the surrounding area - the hotel is just a stones throw from lots of little shops, cafes and restaurants - the brochure stated the hotel 'was in a residential area' so I was delighted to be able to browse and frequent the shops, cafes and restaurants. Northern Tenerife is renowned for being cloudy which it was - but when the sun did come out it was quite lovely. If you are hoping for sun every day maybe the north may not be what you are after. I would definitely go back to Hotel Botanico and would recommend it to anyone wanting 'an away from it all holiday'

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo