Me and my fiancé booked this resort as the reviews were relatively good and the hotel looked beautiful!
We arrived late night to be greeted by a rude and ill English speaking receptionist. We wasn't offered any food or drinks which I thought was rather odd! We were givent our room key and told we was in room 306 on the 3rd floor, no general directions or anything.
The waiting staff are very rude, of you are full board or half board you have to wait for your drinks order to be taken! They don't rush about it either, most are stood talking to each other not actually doing their job! The chefs are very polite and try to make an effort to tall to you even if they can't speak much English. The maids are also very polite and always give a smile and say hello.
The food. Well breakfasts are the best meal! They had a wide variety of foods so you could have different things every day. There was no water facilities in the hotel which I found rather strange! As we were half board we obviously only had dinner there not lunch, the dinners were the same every day!! Literally!! Never have I been to an all inclusive hotel and found the food repetitive, on the last day as we were due to leave the hotel before dinner we had lunch, lunch is exactly the same as dinner :/ I was so glad I hadn't gone all inclusive! Drinks are also really expensive, €2.10 for a small glass of coke and €1.95 for a bottle of water before tax. No free water at all in this hotel unless you want to make yourself ill and drink tap water!!
The hotel is beautiful, grounds are lovely and well kept, however the sun beds which are shown were not out on the sun deck, just sparsely spaced out tables and chairs! There is no where near the amount of sun loungers needed for this hotel, alot of people were using benches and the floor!!
Location is brill! Probably a 10 min walk to Loro Parque and a 10 min walk to the town centre! Beach is a 2 min walk down the road too and there is a supermarket across from the hotel where things are really cheap, an 8L bottle of water was €1.30!!
If you come here you MUST visit the Irish bar and Loro Parque, of not you are missing out big time!!
I would recommend this hotel on a b&b basis but that would be all, staff need to be more polite and preferably be able to speak more English instead of a few grunted English words!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Be Live Adults Only Tenerife offers an enviable location at Puerto de la Cruz, it is located only yards away from the spectacular volcanic beaches at "Playa Jardin" and 5 minutes walk from the town centre. It has a top-notch service and completely renovated rooms with fantastic views to the sea or over Mount Teide and the Orotava Valley. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Be Live Adults Only Tenerife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Tenerife Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Florida Tenerife Hotel
- Hotel Florida Tenerife
- Florida Hotel Tenerife
- Be Live Adults Only Tenerife Puerto De La Cruz