We have just returned from staying at this hotel after a 2 weeks stay. Firstly this hotel is not the one advertised on the internet, please be aware that the one advertised is the hotel opposite and you are not allowed to use their facilities. This hotel is not a 4* it is probably an average 2* The hotel itself is very clean and tidy and we were given a 2 bedroom apartment which was huge and cleaned everyday with clean towels and the maid always made an effort with the children's beds by displaying their toys and teddy bears nicely. Food.. we booked all inclusive because we thought we could save some money for other activities such as days out, but the food was not good, we always had breakfast but I had egg on toast everyday as the menu contained pizza and chips, meatballs, fried eggs and scrambled eggs, fruit and bread and toast.
lunch and dinner was much the same everyday, chips, pork and fish, rice. we ate out almost every night. The hotel is located in a great position for all amenities such as bars and restaurants and the main square which is great full of restaurants with live music and a children's play area. The hotel swimming pool is located at the top of the hotel (floor 8). The swimming pool is fine and the children enjoyed using it but we often visited the beach or the 8 sea water pools which is only 10 minutes walk away and is fantastic. we would visit Puerto De la Cruise again just for these. The pool bar in the hotel only open from 11-1pm then you have to get in the lift and get drinks from the bar 8 floor down. This hotel is very spanish orientated and they seem to get priority over everything, however the staff were fine and the older lady on reception was lovely and very helpful. If you want a hotel for its location and cleanliness then book here on a BB only. The food around the resort is fairly priced and there are some lovely restaurants and bars. If you want a fabulous steak visit the Taurus steak house near to the main square it is reasonably priced and the fillet steak is to die for. Also the Italian restaurant Zebra Maria is another must visit, it is a climb up but we got a taxi for 3 euros on our second visit. I would definitely visit the resort again but I would not stay at this hotel, its a shame because it does not require too much work to make it a good hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a central area just 500 meters from the Plaza del Charco, the Hotel is the perfect choice for enjoying a pleasant stay in Tenerife-Puerto de la Cruz. Around the hotel you can find a variety of shops, restaurants and just 50 meters away there is a guagas (bus) and taxi station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Onthebeach, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Trianflor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dania Magec Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Hotel Dania Magec
- Hotel Trianflor Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz