This hotel is really nice. Very clean and good location to the small beach, shops and restaurants.
Plenty of choice in the restaurant however the snacks were very poor. There was no access to water outwith snack bar opening times or meal times in restaurants. There is a vending machine which was very expensive and a small gift shop in hotel where you could buy juice and water. We stayed at El Passo last year in Salou and the access to water was 24 hrs. There is a mini fridge in room but you have to pay daily for this to be filled. They lock it so you cant even put your own in it.The staff both in reception and restaurant work very hard and are very friendly. Entertainment was not the best. My children who are 12 and 14 found it very boring.
The pool is lovely but freezing! Sun beds could be hard to get. People would put towels down and maybe not appear to late afternoon. Pool towels are available if you leave a 10 euro deposit for each towel on a daily basis.
There is a safe in the room which costs 17 euros for the week Another unnecessary cost.
Wi fi connection 25 euros per person per week! The local McDonalds is only a 5 minute walk and has free wi fi. A life saver for my children.
This leads me onto my transfer disaster. I arrived at Tenerife South and located the Thomas Cook rep. She took my name and hotel and directed me to the coach. She came on coach, handed out welcome packs, mine wasn't there, and said mine was probably at hotel as I had only booked 2 weeks earlier. She told us to get off at 1st hotel and they would direct us to the correct hotel. I found this strange as I thought there was only one hotel but I thought she knows better than me as I have never been here before.
We took off on bus and my oldest daughter said she heard the rep saying the bus would be in Costa Adeje in 25 mins. Wrong resort. The bus was already heading out airport. I headed down to confirm with rep we were definitely on correct bus only to find there was no rep on bus!!
We got off at 1st hotel as instructed.
I raced into hotel to confirm our booking but knew before I got there we were in wrong hotel and wrong end of island. By the time I had reached reception the driver had unloaded our cases and driven off!
The hotel receptionist was very kind and helpful. I had to find the Thomas cook emergency contact number in the hotel and phone them. I got through eventually to Simon who was brilliant. He spoke to hotel manager and organised for a taxi to take us to Puerto de la Cruz at a cost of 140euros. I eventually got reimbursed.
This was very distressing for myself and 2 children.
I strongly recommend that you have emergency contact number with you and realise that this hotel has no tour rep from Thomas Cook. I felt very isolated and on my own.
I have raised a complaint with Thomas Cook and am waiting on an answer.
We also had to phone Thomas Cook to find out bus pick up time on return.
Apart from this disaster it was a lovely hotel and resort.
I would not return as a family but would return with friends.
You have to be out room at 12 midday and pick up for airport is 2040! 50 euros to keep room on!
I asked for room to shower and was given one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 1 pool 1 children's pool Terraces with loungers and sun umbrellas Subtropical garden Towel service (deposit required in reception) BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court 1 buffet restaurant and 2 a la carte restaurants 3 bars Meeting and convention room Golf courses: Real Club de Golf de Tenerife (20 km from the hotel) - Buenavista Golf (45 km from the hotel). Rooms 261 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with views of the sea or Mount Teide and Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: Queen size, king size or 2 twin beds Air conditioning Fully-equipped bathroom: bath tub with shower, hair dryer Bathroom amenities Satellite TV Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Iron and ironing board (available on request) Minibar Safe (additional charge) Sitting room ( Junior Suites) Balcony or terrace Wifi (additional charge) Wake-up call service Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: 1 Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities for children (4-12years) Evening Mini Disco Balloon twisting or face painting workshops Babysitting service (additional charge and prior booking required) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Internet in the hotel lobby (no additional charge) Postal and fax services Car park (subject to availability) Pharmacy Laundry ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bahia Principe San Felipe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe San Felipe Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- San Felipe Hotel
- Bahia Principe San Felipe Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz