“a little bit of heaven!”

Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
Burnley, United Kingdom
“a little bit of heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have just booked our 4th holiday for end November at this beautiful hotel. From arriving at Reception to the dining experience, not forgetting the large airy rooms, kept immaculately clean daily.....we cannot fault this hotel. Can't wait to be back in our little bit of paradise!

Room Tip: If you love a panoramic sea view, book a front facing room but if you prefer a pool and mountain vie...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carol S
DireccionSanFelipe, Public Relations Manager at Bahia Principe San Felipe, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Carol,

Thank you ever so much for your positive review about our hotel.

It is overwhelming to read that you were happy about your stay with and amongst us in every possible respect.

We will be more than pleased to welcome you again and shall be welcoming you with open arms any time you decide to come back.

Hoping to see you soon, we are sending you sunny greetings,
Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels in Tenerife.

Manuela Durrer,
Bahia Principe San Felipe.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed for 7 nights earlier this month and decided to do a range of different things this time.

We tried the recommended hotel excursions and we weren't disappointed.

The food is excellent, service is fabulous and staff extremely helpful. Our booking through a travel agent was awful but the stay made it worth the while.

We had a 01 room with brilliant sea views and the sun on the balcony in the morning and late evening.

Entertainment had highs and lows - avoid the magician or if you like to know how things are done he is easy to follow, remember the birds are the distraction that's as much as I give away. Oh by the way we sat at the back and I could see how he was performing the illusions.

We're heading back later in the year for the quiet and the chance to just relax without pressure.

Thanks you to everyone at the Hotel. Oh our rooms were spotless

Room Tip: If you have the chance to ask for a room and you want the best sea views - an 01 number above 7th fl...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Markpt2013
DireccionSanFelipe, Public Relations Manager at Bahia Principe San Felipe, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear TripAdvisor-User,

thank you very much for your kind words! Nothing is more praise and gives our team more motivation than seeing our guests enjoying their stay and returning.

We are happy to read that once again you liked the food in our restaurants and that our staff made you feel welcome at Bahia Principe San Felipe.

We are looking forward to wellcoming you again with open arms in the near future.

kind regards,

Enjoy an all-inclusive holiday as a couple with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts

Paisley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is really nice. Very clean and good location to the small beach, shops and restaurants.
Plenty of choice in the restaurant however the snacks were very poor. There was no access to water outwith snack bar opening times or meal times in restaurants. There is a vending machine which was very expensive and a small gift shop in hotel where you could buy juice and water. We stayed at El Passo last year in Salou and the access to water was 24 hrs. There is a mini fridge in room but you have to pay daily for this to be filled. They lock it so you cant even put your own in it.The staff both in reception and restaurant work very hard and are very friendly. Entertainment was not the best. My children who are 12 and 14 found it very boring.
The pool is lovely but freezing! Sun beds could be hard to get. People would put towels down and maybe not appear to late afternoon. Pool towels are available if you leave a 10 euro deposit for each towel on a daily basis.
There is a safe in the room which costs 17 euros for the week Another unnecessary cost.
Wi fi connection 25 euros per person per week! The local McDonalds is only a 5 minute walk and has free wi fi. A life saver for my children.
This leads me onto my transfer disaster. I arrived at Tenerife South and located the Thomas Cook rep. She took my name and hotel and directed me to the coach. She came on coach, handed out welcome packs, mine wasn't there, and said mine was probably at hotel as I had only booked 2 weeks earlier. She told us to get off at 1st hotel and they would direct us to the correct hotel. I found this strange as I thought there was only one hotel but I thought she knows better than me as I have never been here before.
We took off on bus and my oldest daughter said she heard the rep saying the bus would be in Costa Adeje in 25 mins. Wrong resort. The bus was already heading out airport. I headed down to confirm with rep we were definitely on correct bus only to find there was no rep on bus!!
We got off at 1st hotel as instructed.
I raced into hotel to confirm our booking but knew before I got there we were in wrong hotel and wrong end of island. By the time I had reached reception the driver had unloaded our cases and driven off!
The hotel receptionist was very kind and helpful. I had to find the Thomas cook emergency contact number in the hotel and phone them. I got through eventually to Simon who was brilliant. He spoke to hotel manager and organised for a taxi to take us to Puerto de la Cruz at a cost of 140euros. I eventually got reimbursed.
This was very distressing for myself and 2 children.
I strongly recommend that you have emergency contact number with you and realise that this hotel has no tour rep from Thomas Cook. I felt very isolated and on my own.
I have raised a complaint with Thomas Cook and am waiting on an answer.
We also had to phone Thomas Cook to find out bus pick up time on return.
Apart from this disaster it was a lovely hotel and resort.
I would not return as a family but would return with friends.
You have to be out room at 12 midday and pick up for airport is 2040! 50 euros to keep room on!
I asked for room to shower and was given one.

Room Tip: low noise higher up but need head for heights. 15 floors. Ask for front facing with sea view. Keeps...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
DireccionSanFelipe, Public Relations Manager at Bahia Principe San Felipe, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear TripAdvisor user,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write a comment about the Bahia Principe San Felipe.

We are very pleased about your praise concerning the hotel's location, its cleanliness and the amiability of our personnel.

We welcome your suggestion concerning a more youth-centered entertainment and 24-hour access to drinking water. We have forwarded your feedback, as well as your comments about the wifi and safe deposit box in the rooms to the management for evaluation.

We hope to have the honour to welcome you again with a group of friends.

Kindest regards and sunny greetings,
Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, spa hotels in Tenerife.

Manuela Durrer
Hajnowka, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Hotel is really nice and clear, has fantastic swimmingpool , nice service, tasty food, and good drinks :) Room had an air conditioning, comfortable beds and clear bathroom. The area is fantastic :) :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RYbcia
DireccionSanFelipe, Public Relations Manager at Bahia Principe San Felipe, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear TripAdvosor-User,

thank you very much for your positive review about our Hotel Bahia Principe San Felipe.

We are happy to read that our staffs friendliness and the pool area made your stay as enjoyable as it was.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Bahia Principe San Felipe with open arms in the near future.

Wiele pozdrowienia z Puerto de la Cruz.

Family holidays with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is amazing if I could of stayed there longer than two weeks I would of , the staff are amazing always smiling and treat you with respect, you couldn't fault anything, I really want to go back next year

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Emma S
DireccionSanFelipe, Public Relations Manager at Bahia Principe San Felipe, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Emma,

thank you very much for your kind words about our Hotel Bahia Principe San Felipe. Nothing can me more praise then seeing our guests enjoying their stay with us and recomending our Hotel to others.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at Bahia Principe with open arms.

kindest regards,

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels for your holidays in Tenerife

Lancing, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff.Hotel absolutely spotless and food quality awesome.Swimming pool area superb and no problems getting loungers.This hotel is the best my wife and I have stayed in and we will definitely book a return visit.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have large sunny dual aspect balconies
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alan C
DireccionSanFelipe, Public Relations Manager at Bahia Principe San Felipe, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Alan,

Thank you very much for your kind words and your positive review about our Hotel Bahia Principe San Felipe. It is always very fulfilling when our guests enjoy their stay and recommend the hotel to others.

We are very happy to read that our staff managed to exceed your expectations and that you liked the pool area so much.

We shall be more than pleased to welcome you again any time in the future

Kind regards from Puerto de la Cruz,
Family holidays with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Lancing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Just returned from this hotel,probably the cleanest,friendliest hotel we have ever stayed at,from the moment we arrived at reception we had the friendliest receptionist you could probably meet,did I mention the food something for everyone,Infact we did all put on weight as we were there for 11 nights,there were some lovely friendly waiting staff and the standard and selection of food was great.The rooms were very nice with a great maid service.I would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: I was facing the beach and was on the fourth floor so slept with the balcony door open all you can r...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dawn Y
DireccionSanFelipe, Public Relations Manager at Bahia Principe San Felipe, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Dawn,

thank you very much for sharing your positive holiday experience at our Hotel Bahia Principe San Felipe with other users.

Nothing gives us more motivation than to see our guests satisfied and returning.