We were worried about our stay in this hotel after reading these reviews here.
We stayed here 14 days in Nov 2011. This clean, well kept, old style hotel has the best location in town. It offers one of the best stays for adults and persons with reduced mobility as Pto Cruz has many stairs, hills and some streets are too narrow.
This hotel has five room categories, please check it from your tour operator or when booking directly from their website.
Non refundable and single rooms are the smallest ones, usually without balcony. There is a change to put two persons for a smallest room.
There are standard double rooms without balcony and with balcony. Both have view either to the pool garden and Teide, depending on the floor situated and or to the sea, boulevard or street next to the hotel. There are also rooms in lobby floor, with direct view and access to the pool area from balcony or to the pedestrian boulevard with no view; only towards ´bush-fence´ and green lawn. Junior suites are best rooms in this hotel with larger balcony and their size is two standard rooms. In all room categories the size and presentation of the room varies.
+ Clean, well kept hotel, but old style building.
+ Best location in town, straight access to the pedestrian boulevard.
+ 2-10min walk to restaurants and to the old town, few steps only.
+ Yes, interiors are refurbished but that means only a new paint to the walls and roof.
+ Daily change for sheets and towels.
+ Maids are wonderful. They even wipe balcony and lifts daily.
+ Pool and garden area.
+ Junior suite; if you are unsure about the double room, book this.
+ Two tv´s in junior suite, one with flat lcd tv. Many channels.
+ Staff. If there was something, they did it well for you.
+ Hairdresser, massage, pool-gym.
+ Our stay was mainly peaceful and calm both in room and balcony during 19:00 to 07:00 as guests were mainly seniors.
- Street construction! From Nov to the end of March 2012. At av. Familia Betancourt next to the hotel from 07:30 to 19:00. Construction noise affects to the rooms, balconies, pool garden and also these hotels are affected: Beatriz Atlantis, Palmeras Playa, Concordia Playa, Be Live Orotava. Thats why we got discount.
- No access by car to the hotel. You can leave your party to the corner but park your car elsewhere.
- English buffet breakfast, which means fat, fat and fat in various styles. No fresh prepared fruits, but canned fruits. No fresh juice, only machine juice with water and sugar. Bacon, eggs, few cheese and ham, cornflakes, coffee tea from machine. After four days I was fed up this food, and ate less as I hoped to eat healthy options. English people simply love this food. Hint: were Germans are staying, there might be a better breakfast, but I think this is more common in Tenerife.
- Hotel was fully booked, be at breakfast at 08:00 at latest as queue starts from 08:20.
- shower pressure at 9th floor was sometimes weak.
- Breakfast room was mainly noisy.
- English style buffet breakfast, a little healthy options. I learned from my friends who stayed at Adeje, that breakfast was same there. This is Tenerife.
- There were mention about smelly lifts on previous reviews. Lifts are wiped daily, got one time smelly lift, and that smell came from some persons t-shirt which was kept on few days, so not a hotels fault.
- Drinks at bar are not a good quality. E.g. never had a Pina Colada with water, juice and a drop of pina. Almost no alcohol at all. This is for English people liking and due to all-inclusive option. We had only bed and breakfast.
- This hotel could remove their all-inclusive and focus on better food quality both for breakfast and dinner only.
Recommended restaurants in the best order:
Mill Sabores, Kafka, Regulo, Argentino.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in northern Tenerife along the coastal town of Puerto de la Cruz, the H10Tenerife Playa stands in a prime location on the pedestrian promenade in front of the famous Lago Martiánez, just 50 metres from the sea. The hotel’s complete facilities include swimming pools, a varied array of dining options and meeting rooms for any type of event. In addition, the hotel now offers Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Booking.com, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your H10 Tenerife Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Tenerife Playa Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Tenerife Playa
- H10 Tenerife Playa Puerto De La Cruz