Had a great time again at the beautiful resort of Puerto de la Cruz on the Tenerife North shore. Here the wide promenade is truly gorgeous with its palms and flowers, pavement cafes and shops. There is a small black sand beach in front of the H10 Tenerife Playa Hotel where you can watch surfers on the huge Atlantic breakers and to the left the lovely Lido full of pools, whitewashed structures and a bar you can swim to.
Sample the stunning array of 10-decker cakes at the atmospheric art deco Cafe de Paris or the amazing selection of savoury pastries at the Rancho Grande. Lunching out along the sea front is a real joy as there are so many good and inexpensive cafes and restaurants to choose from.
As for the H10 Tenerife Playa Hotel this has an enviable location on the sea front and importantly for anyone with less than perfect mobility is on the flat so if you, like us, have in your party someone in a wheelchair or scooter this is a useful asset. This hotel is a home from home for a great many of its guests who come back year after year - indeed I have been here some 7 times - and the whole staff work tirelessly to provide a super service. The key to interacting with the waiters is to smile and learn even a few words of Spanish and then you will find them charming (especially Anton and Victor D). The food here is endless, scrumptious and enormously varied from caviar at breakfast to the show cooking bar where you can have your steak, fish, omelette etc. cooked to your preference in the evening.
A true highlight of this hotel is the games mistress Miranda who has more energy than a power station and who is always full of infectious enthusiasm for the daily games played in the garden court. Even my wheelchair bound friend managed not only to take part in many of the activities but won several certificates on merit. Games on offer include petanque, skittles, shuffleboard, archery, pistol and rifle shooting, aqua aerobics and Dutch schuler. Participating is enormous fun and you get to meet a super bunch of guests all out for a happy and light-hearted contest where your rewards come in the form of certificates and medals which brings out your competitiveness and makes for a sneaky bit of pride as you are called out to accept the awards at Showtime at 10pm. The evening shows are superb from flamenco rock dancers, acrobats, comic magician (hysterical), the powerhouse that is Beni G 'Elvis'. and the excellent Canarian Two who play nightly. This hotel really suits the more mature guest looking for a lovely relaxing time with bags of food and great entertainment. So if that is you then do come here!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in northern Tenerife along the coastal town of Puerto de la Cruz, the H10Tenerife Playa stands in a prime location on the pedestrian promenade in front of the famous Lago Martiánez, just 50 metres from the sea. The hotel’s complete facilities include swimming pools, a varied array of dining options and meeting rooms for any type of event. In addition, the hotel now offers Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your H10 Tenerife Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Tenerife Playa Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Tenerife Playa
- H10 Tenerife Playa Puerto De La Cruz