The hotel was spotless, so was our room, we had a room overlooking the pool without a balcony, it only had a half bath though, the shower was very powerful, and plenty of hot water, hairdryer in the bathroom, but no kettle (i took my own with me and some 3 in 1 coffee sachets., optional fridge but you have to pay for this, tv with a few english channels. massive mirrored wardrobes, huge double bed, very comfy, and the option to have your bed linen changed every day, by leaving a card on your bed.but there was a balcony on the end of every corridor, so if you wanted to sit out you could, there was a couple of nice wicker chairs and a table. My mum had a sea view room with balcony, full bath and shower, and an even larger huge double bed.
The food was great, plenty of selection, didnt have any stomach problems at all, bought 5 litres of water from supermarket across road for 1 euro for my coffees in the room.
The bars were great, garden bar during day, where you could get snacks we were all inclusive and could throw a burger on the griddle, salad and cheeses and meats also. not a great selection, but ok for a snack, and the restaurant is open for lunch and dinner, if you prefer. The restaurant is very well run< front of house staff are wonderful, and the waiters and waitresses are excellent,, i was most impressed.
The bar staff on an evening were excellent and soon knew what drinks we wanted before we even got to bar, had a cocktail on last night, delicious. ussually drank lager which was very nice.
The pools were so clean one heated, with big ornate water fall taps.The pool area was kept clean through the day, and a life guard there all day, pool open from 9am to 6pm.
The day time entertainment was fun archery rifle shooting boules bowling line dancing, we all got a certificate for rifle shooting. Night time entertainment was okay, a few acts on from 10pm and a couple of guys played music from 8pm a guitar and an organ. If you want something a bit more upbeat you can wander into the centre its only a 10 min walk.
This is a lovely quiet hotel, perfect for chilling out, only 1 child there. Mostly older retired people, and middle aged people, very friendly atmosphere, shops and restaurants all around, and a lovely volcanic sand beach, the casino and sea water pools straight opposite.
Hired a scooter for my mum to get around on for £20 a day, or you can hire a wheelchair for £10 a day.
Thoroughly enjoyed this hotel, cannot fault it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in northern Tenerife along the coastal town of Puerto de la Cruz, the H10Tenerife Playa stands in a prime location on the pedestrian promenade in front of the famous Lago Martiánez, just 50 metres from the sea. The hotel’s complete facilities include swimming pools, a varied array of dining options and meeting rooms for any type of event. In addition, the hotel now offers Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your H10 Tenerife Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Tenerife Playa Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Tenerife Playa
- H10 Tenerife Playa Puerto De La Cruz