You could not wish for a better located hotel in Puerto de la Cruz. On our first visit to this resort 12 months ago, we stayed at a different hotel much higher up but this meant a steep climb every time we returned from the town. The Tenerife Playa, on the other hand, is right on the seafront, just opposite the lido complex and is therefore perfect for an effortless stroll along into the town. It would also be really good for wheelchair-users as it is completely flat and there is no traffic.
The hotel has a modern, stylish feel about it and enjoys all the facilities you would expect from accommodation in this price bracket. We particularly liked the swimming pool area which had two very adequately sized pools (one of which was heated in the winter), surrounded by trees, gardens and areas for sun-loungers.
Our room had a balcony with a pleasant view over this area and down onto the trees below but there were blocks that faced in other directions eg towards the sea if preferred. The room was of a reasonable size with adequate storage space and the beds afforded a good night's sleep. The room was kept well cleaned and a note was provided to leave on the bed if you required a change of linen. A fridge was provided but the key to this was only available from reception on purchase of at least one mini-bar item. We thought this rather an odd system but we simply bought one bottle on the first day and then retained the key for the rest of our stay.
The restaurant was a bright pleasant space and there was a good choice of food to suit most tastes. There were some local dishes as well as the usual European type menu to suit the majority of guests who were German or English. There was a "show cooking " counter for both breakfast and dinner but in the evenings there was a fair amount of repetition. The service was adequate, if rather impersonal.
What didn't we like? Only minor niggles such as the usual towels placed on sun-loungers to reserve them and no notices or action taken by hotel staff to stop this; window tables in the restaurant reserved by staff on behalf of guests who had paid a supplement; and worn dining chairs that really do need replacing or re-upholstering. A more serious point is that, in our opinion, there needs to be a stricter policy on hygiene on entering the restaurant. There is only one anti-septic gel dispenser on a pillar which very few people use and yet everyone shares the same serving tongs etc inside the dining room. There was no reason why the dispenser could not have been placed on a stand at the door and every guest asked to use it on entry, just as is standard practice these days on cruise ships. This could well help prevent the kind of viruses that can so easily spread where so many people are eating together.
In conclusion, we were generally very satisfied with the Tenerife Playa, would recommend it and would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in northern Tenerife along the coastal town of Puerto de la Cruz, the H10Tenerife Playa stands in a prime location on the pedestrian promenade in front of the famous Lago Martiánez, just 50 metres from the sea. The hotel’s complete facilities include swimming pools, a varied array of dining options and meeting rooms for any type of event. In addition, the hotel now offers Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your H10 Tenerife Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Tenerife Playa Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Tenerife Playa
- H10 Tenerife Playa Puerto De La Cruz