We stayed at the H10 for 10 nights over Easter.
The staff were, without exception polite and a credit to the H10 brand.
A particular mention to Miranda the animator, the cleaning staff, the bar staff ( who you could joke around with) and the brilliant restaurant staff. We stay in a lot of hotels, but here the professionalism of the staff shone through in spades.
The restaurant has a fabulous unbroken view of the bay. Stunning.
Everywhere is spotless.
The rooms are tired but ours (137 on the ground floor, opening into the garden) was spacious, clean and had more than adequate storage. We felt as if we had landed on our feet.
We took the all inclusive package via LoCost Holidays and felt that we received very good value for money. The food changes daily and there is a good variety. Some popular dishes like paella are always available. The house wine is pretty rough but the variety of other drinks available on the all inclusive option was great.
We hired a car for the whole time we were at the hotel as the cost of the transfer from the South airport for the 3 of us almost paid for 10 days car hire. There is no car park at the hotel. You have to park wherever you can find a space by the road. Frequently we parked near the tunnel about 15 mins walk away.
We were disappointed that Easter was not celebrated or in evidence in the hotel. A little Easter egg on the table or a happy Easter banner surely would not have been too much trouble?
We attended the Santa Semana events within the lovely resort of Puerto de la Cruz and participated in the Good Friday and Easter Sunday processions- a real sight to see and a real experience - but a shame that other guests at the hotel knew nothing about what was going on 15 minutes walk away- it was a spectacle and a cultural experience whether or not they have a faith.
The age profile of guests at the hotel was mature when we arrived. As the 10 days progressed the age profile dropped considerably.
I will definitely consider rebooking this hotel.
Comfortable, friendly and family focused. And the resort itself is brilliant. Pedestrianised, clean, safe, lots of old buildings, great bars, views of Teide and authentic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in northern Tenerife along the coastal town of Puerto de la Cruz, the H10Tenerife Playa stands in a prime location on the pedestrian promenade in front of the famous Lago Martiánez, just 50 metres from the sea. The hotel’s complete facilities include swimming pools, a varied array of dining options and meeting rooms for any type of event. In addition, the hotel now offers Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your H10 Tenerife Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Tenerife Playa Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Tenerife Playa
- H10 Tenerife Playa Puerto De La Cruz