Stayed at this hotel after realising at airport that wrong hotel booked. We arrived approx 11.30pm after a long wait for transport at the airport, no welcome drink on hand and just a quick hello and this is your room on the second floor, receptionist very abrupt.
On waking the next day we heard a lot of banging, my husband went to reception and we were offered another room on the ground floor (only one available). He was informed there was building work taking place on the fourth floor. Both rooms were in need of repair, the TV's were from the 90's and there were no extractor fans in the bathroom. The maids were very friendly each morning and tried their best to clean the room.
Another point about the rooms was the noise. You could hear every conversation and toilet noises from the rooms adjoining you. Plus it sounded like a heard of elephants above you. The balcony/patio were very open and not at all private and shaded by trees and bushes that were very close to them. If you sneezed, four rooms away would say "bless you". I was really poorly one day and the noise around me from next door, above and the corridor was very loud.
With regard to the reception, I found the receptionist rude and abrupt, when I did need to speak to someone on reception I found that I would have a long wait, even if I was next in line (30 mins on one occasion). I noticed that the reception staff took lots of time speaking to other guests (well the Spanish guest who were the majority of people staying at this hotel), but when it got to my turn I did not even receive eye contact and they seemed very dismissive (except for one nice lady) to the point that in the end I felt I did not want to ask anything.
The food was good, but a little repetitive, it would have been nice to have had more chicken or steak. I would like to thank the waiters, especially the head waiter, for their politeness and greetings daily. The views from the restaurant were impressive.
We did not use the bar much, but when we did I found the staff really friendly. We also did not use the pool very much, mainly because a lot of the beds in the sun were already taken, we found the water park opposite the hotel a better option. We only really used the hotel to sleep, change and morning and evening meals. Would have expected more for what we paid, as this was the most we had spent on a short holiday.
Another point was the fact that the Thomson rep was not available much. She only attended between 11am to 12noon, which is not convenient when you are out all day.
We would not return to this hotel and I would definitely not rate this as a four star hotel. My husband summed it up when he said it was like one of the hotels we stay in near Gatwick before we fly out to our holidays. You would expect a bit more than that from a four star hotel in the sun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in northern Tenerife along the coastal town of Puerto de la Cruz, the H10Tenerife Playa stands in a prime location on the pedestrian promenade in front of the famous Lago Martiánez, just 50 metres from the sea. The hotel’s complete facilities include swimming pools, a varied array of dining options and meeting rooms for any type of event. In addition, the hotel now offers Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, H10 Hotels, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your H10 Tenerife Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Tenerife Playa Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Tenerife Playa
- H10 Tenerife Playa Puerto De La Cruz