My boyfriend and I stayed in the H10 Tenerife Playa during the first two weeks of August 2010. We booked and flew with Thomas Cook. The transfer from airport to the hotel was just under 2 hours, and we arrived at 1am. The receptionist was very helpful and checked us in quickly.
We soon found that the hotel was popular with couples and the older generation however there were some families. The swimming pools and Jacuzzi were all very clean and a life guard was present all day. Entertainment was also laid on throughout the day; this included aqua aerobics, table tennis, and tennis.
The rooms in the hotel were cleaned every day and to a very high standard. The communal areas were also very clean. All staff at the hotel were very friendly and willing to help.
Although the hotel offers an all-inclusive package, we chose to book half board which suited us as we were often out all day. The food at the hotel was good, especially breakfast. There was a wide variety of hot and cold foods, including pancakes and omelettes cooked to order on the griddle. Dinner also offered a wide variety however; much of the food was traditional Spanish cuisine which doesn’t always suit everyone.
The hotel is in a very good location, opposite the Lido and only 10 minutes’ walk from the town. There are many restaurants and bars only yards from the hotel. Our favourite being La Bodega (best for pizza and steak!). The waiters were all very friendly and the service was excellent.
Whilst in Puerto de la Cruz we visited Mount Teide, Loro Parque and the surrounding areas. The boat trips and Siam Park were in the south of the island and took about 1 hour 30 to travel to. Loro Parque is a must! The dolphins and Orca Whales were excellent and shouldn’t be missed!
Overall, the hotel and location is very good. We didn’t feel that it was tired as previous reviews state. The weather was a little hit and miss while we were there but was always warm and when the sun was out it was very hot! Excellent holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in northern Tenerife along the coastal town of Puerto de la Cruz, the H10Tenerife Playa stands in a prime location on the pedestrian promenade in front of the famous Lago Martiánez, just 50 metres from the sea. The hotel’s complete facilities include swimming pools, a varied array of dining options and meeting rooms for any type of event. In addition, the hotel now offers Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your H10 Tenerife Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Tenerife Playa Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Tenerife Playa
- H10 Tenerife Playa Puerto De La Cruz