After reading some of the reviews on the Internet my husband and I and two friends were a little bit dubious as to what we would find. However we were very pleasantly surprised to find such an excellent hotel! We have just returned after spending two weeks over the Christmas period. The hotel was decorated wonderfully and the staff did everything they could to make our stay a lovely Christmas experience. Our room, with balcony overlooking the sea was spacious and immaculately clean with comfortable beds and loads of very hot water. The food served buffet style, was excellent with a huge range each day - always plenty to suit every palate. The location was first class, right on the sea with a lovely promenade - one way past other hotels where we could stroll after dinner and listen to various kinds of entertainment - the other way still alongside the sea to the 'old town' with its many Christmassy lights, restaurants etc. We had sports and activities going on in our hotel during the day for those who wanted to take part, a lovely swimming pool area and entertainment every night. We were not sure what to expect on Christmas day as we were only half board. However we were invited to Christmas lunch - and boy was that some lunch! During Christmas day morning we received a box of chocs from the management deliver to our room and Santa was in the foyer delivering presents to the children. We expected a buffet lunch but this was a set 5-course menu with 3 different wines, served to the table. It was a beautiful meal! The normal buffet meal was still served later that evening! Just one little thing we think they could have improved on is the dress code. They stipulated no shorts, flip flops etc at dinner but they did not follow this through and although the vast majority made the effort, you always get some, don't you!Altogether we don't think we could have found a better hotel and we certainly aim to visit again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Las Vegas could not be better situated: directly at the sea, in front of the Martinez Lakes and with views of Teide mountain. Furthermore, it is located in the very centre of the city of Puerto de la Cruz. The hotel was recently renovated in 2004 and has 261 rooms on its 13 floors. The hotel has a heated swimming pool, children's swimming pool, miniature golf, table tennis, pool, petanque, sauna, beauty salon, coffee bar and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Las Vegas Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Catalonia Las Vegas Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz