I don’t know from where I should start, the day we checked we realized they are not a four star hotel. The first clue was the fact that there was an outdoor space (a patio) for hotel guests to enjoy a drink or a coffee was partially rented to vendors who sold children toys and various gadgets to the public with constant noises coming from the toys they were selling. Second clue was that reception we received upon arriving was very cold. There is an older lady on the counter that never smiles, always has this nasty look to her face she had blond hair and very unfriendly.
Please note, we had 18 rooms reserved and were expecting a four star hotel. Needless to say, that was not the case. It seems everyone had some kind of issue with their room. To be honest some rooms in the hotel should be rated below one star and the worst thing about it all, was that some rooms had A/C that fumed some kind of Gas smell, it felt very unsafe. In regard to the Hotel location, it was very much local indeed, however if you have children be very aware as it is pretty much on the street and if the kids took one step out they could be wondering on the portage.
The worse thing I faced there was their rate , I paid 850 euro each for 10 days for my wife and myself and 600 euro for my daughter , after staying in the hotel for around 8 days i went and asked for my bar bill , to make a long story short, the receptionist by mistake gave me my total bill excluding the bar tap, and that’s when I had the shock of my life our room number 1208 and our bill was 599 euro i asked this is for the bar she said no that’s only for your stay , the bar tab was separate and I had no issues with. So back to the room bill, I was very surprised knowing that we paid much more than what the computer is stating, so 5 of our friends also asked for their bill print out and it was 45 euro per room per day in the system vs. the 220 euro per day they charged us. So we asked other guests at the hotel and found out that the rate was much cheaper than what we paid, so we went to the manager and showed him the bill and he got so nerves and said this is a mistake, ……..well Mr. manager you make a mistake with one room not 5 rooms. To make a long story short, he refused to refund us any of our money and we have no doubt that something is very wrong going on in that hotel and specifically the manger, after that they didn’t refund us anything and we left the hotel disappointed. We asked the reception for the final bill but I guess by that time, the manager must have said something to them, so they refused to give any of us the diffirence and further refused to show us the print out of our bills, they simply aid, the bill is paid. In other words, they charged us for a price yet they entered it at a different rate on their computers. It seems like there is something fishy and would not trust the manager as far as I can throw him.
One good thing I would say, is that the service at the front lobby bar was amazing and the lovely bartenders were great and very helpful. Also some of the rooms were actually very nice but I cannot say that to all of them are. Lucky for us, our room was wonderful, but our friends were not as lucky.
Depending on how much you paid, but in our case I think this hotel doesn’t deserve the money we paid for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Las Vegas could not be better situated: directly at the sea, in front of the Martinez Lakes and with views of Teide mountain. Furthermore, it is located in the very centre of the city of Puerto de la Cruz. The hotel was recently renovated in 2004 and has 261 rooms on its 13 floors. The hotel has a heated swimming pool, children's swimming pool, miniature golf, table tennis, pool, petanque, sauna, beauty salon, coffee bar and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Las Vegas Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Catalonia Las Vegas Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz