Hotel as good as last year and food much better. The room we were allocated on arrival was very small and difficult to move between end of bed and furniture. A very helpful Mathilde on reception offered us a sea view room which was perfect and had plenty of space. The hotel is kept very clean, the room cleaned every day and a pleasure to return to after a day out. The restaurant gets congested at times and you just have to be patient. Staff are helpful and efficient but not many smiles from the waiters. Food choice at breakfast and dinner is extensive, and choices kept well topped up. Drinks are ordered and brought to the table quickly. We were perfectly happy with the hotel but this was our 4th visit to Puerto de la Cruz and probably our last. The promenade which is difficult to negotiate at busy times was made even more difficult by wire fencing dividing it. They were supposed to be renovating it but very little work was being done. We saw 2 people tear their clothes on the fencing as it was difficult to pass in places. Apparently the work should have been finished in January but had hardly started in March. Rubbish has become a problem on the front. The bins are too small and should be emptied during the day. At the weekend they weren't emptied at all and there was litter everywhere and bins overflowing. It is impossible to relax and enjoy a rest or drink anywhere without being continually pestered by African sellers. Nobody seems to buy from them and they are more persistent than ever. They hide their goods quickly when the police appear but are back to annoying people as soon as they've gone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Las Vegas could not be better situated: directly at the sea, in front of the Martinez Lakes and with views of Teide mountain. Furthermore, it is located in the very centre of the city of Puerto de la Cruz. The hotel was recently renovated in 2004 and has 261 rooms on its 13 floors. The hotel has a heated swimming pool, children's swimming pool, miniature golf, table tennis, pool, petanque, sauna, beauty salon, coffee bar and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Catalonia Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Las Vegas Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Catalonia Las Vegas Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz