“Not an all inclusive hotel dont be fooled by it”

Miramar Hotel Tenerife Island
Ranked #77 of 81 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel had fantastic views the food was average staff very rude and not helpful to english not very clean would definatly not be returning to this place no entertainment no free bus to front swimming pool not child friendly as very deep

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank deebsm
There are newer reviews for Miramar Hotel Tenerife Island

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived back this morning from a weeks stay at this place you call a hotel.

Food- horrible, stale, cold and not much variety
Rooms- basic, dusty needs a lick of paint
Staff- needs to learn to smile and use their manners. Never met a bunch of men so miserable in my life.
Snacks- not even supplied
For kids- I wouldn't dream of taking my kids here. No child's pool, no activities apart from a run down play area all rusty and doesn't look safe.
Entertainment- only witnessed a poorly dressed dj playing rubbish tunes
Hotel- needs a full refurbishment and re home the cockroaches living in people's rooms, the spiders in every corner of the walls, new seating in all areas, a carpet cleaner and some air freshener.
Reception- I didn't deal with much around this area but when I did I witnessed the staff on the desk asking the guests to please write a good review about the hotel cause they are all bad. A couple we met asked to keep their room longer as they wasn't being picked up till late wanted €10 but refused to pay but offered them the room exchanged for them to write a good review. To me that is bribery. What a JOKE.

The only decent thing/area of this hotel is the pool area minus the unpleasant men unbelievable stunning views, lovely refreshing swimming pool and the great people we met.

Will 100% return to puerto de la cruz avoiding this hotel at all costs.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank StHelens88
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Currently staying here. Paid 400 quid all inclusive. For that money its damn good. Food is fine, lots of it and variety. Rooms are basic but functional.

If you don't like walking then yeah it's a way down to the town but why not use it to get fitter?!

Pool area is lovely and views great.

I've not noticed cleanliness issues.

End of the day, people pay naff all for a week of all inclusive stay at a 3 star hotel and expect the bloody Ritz.....get real people!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank dazzdeadmeadow
Reviewed 22 July 2014

after reading reviews of this hotel I thought it cant be that bad as stayed at other hotels with bad reviews and they turnt out to be lovely but this was a exception they were not being snobby or just over reacting it was discusting receptionist was nice but straight away thought it smelt and dirty had room on 4th floor which is same as reception went in to dirty carpets full of hair and dead flies and cock roaches immediately went back to reception who said no rooms wait until tomorrow said I was not sleeping there so got moved to another hotel which was 1000 times better had spoke to fellow English person who said it was bad there and other rooms were worse so if people like me think it cant be that bad think again as it is

Room Tip: choose another hotel
2  Thank debowens
Reviewed 21 July 2014

a group of us arrived at this hotel ( all women) it looked really nice the receptionist was very polite and welcoming as we made our way to our rooms the smell was very musty on entering the room I could not believe my eyes the carpet was coverd in hair and had stains all over it under the bed was a dead cockroach and about a good inch of dirt I looked out on the balcony and the view was of a derelict hotel and a green filthy pool .
I went along to see what my friends rooms were like and they were met with the same as I was infact we spoke to another guest who had arrived the day before and he told us he had to remove cockroaches from his room we complained at reception and was told nothing could be done until the next day so we told her we were not going to sleep in the rooms that we would sleep in reception.As new guests arrived we told them not to stay as it was a flea pit after telling several guest we were put into a taxi and sent to another hotel the taxi was free and we never had to pay for the upgrade.

Room Tip: nothing to do don't know about noise level as refused to stay.
3  Thank janealone
Reviewed 20 July 2014

WARNING DO NOT GO THERE!!!!!!! got to the hotel was not clean carpet up the walls vents blocked up not hoovered even the lobby was filthy they moved us to there sister hotel where the staff there was very friendly, they told us they had no other rooms for us and said the rooms they had for other people were worse good luck to anyone who have booked to go there.

Room Tip: don't go there
4  Thank Pauline T
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Wea arrived at 2300 hours and we were given a cling film wrap cold dinner ,I went to the bar for a coke and was told at 2310hrs ,I had to pay for the drink or I could have water for free.

After 15 hours a water drink was ridiculous

Anyway the hotel caters for German ,Spanish ,Brits and Dutch so rabbit on the menu is common ?

Reheated food from days before is jiggled up with a sauce

Coffee and fruit drinks only served ion the morning and no coffee a and fruit drinks served with dinner or tea

Bread is rock hard and most evenings no ice cream but you can get syrup banana ughhhh

Sold to us a substitute to Tenerife playa which was amazing so I will abe contacting th travel age ton my return

Only had to wait 2 hours for the coach transfer

Get a bus ticket for 15 euro and it takes you to the south there and back

The town is lovely and we eat out most nights for 30 euro with drinks

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
2  Thank craigb1000