Miramar Hotel Tenerife Island
H10 Tenerife Playa(Puerto de la Cruz)
US$99
US$140
US$132
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Las Vegas(Puerto de la Cruz)
US$63
  • Pool
Hotel Best Semiramis(Puerto de la Cruz)
US$105
  • Pool
Sol Costa Atlantis(Puerto de la Cruz)
US$104
US$99
Melia.com
  • Beachfront
Hotel Puerto Palace(Puerto de la Cruz)
US$94
US$85
  • Pool
Apartamentos Casablanca(Puerto de la Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$82
  • Pool
Be Live Adults Only Tenerife(Puerto de la Cruz)
US$111
US$104
  • Restaurant
Hotel Sun Holidays(Puerto de la Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$45
US$244
US$220
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Didn't know what to expect of the hotel as I'd read so many bad reviews before going, but we were pleasantly surprised.
Yes the hotel is a little dated, but excellent value for money for a 3 star!
We took two 14 year old boys with us and they enjoyed every minute.
The food was good, something for all appetites, yes they did serve rabbit but that was one night out of seven, and it didn't put the boys off at all.
We had a beautiful view from our room looking over the mountains.
You do have to walk down to the local town for shops etc. but the views are stunning as you go down the steps.
The town is stunning, lots of Spanish resteraunts and bars, so no good if you like British bars and clubs, but we loved it,
And everything is so cheap.
If you can't be bothered to walk back to the hotel from town, there are plenty of cabs and it's only 3 euros.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Tracey A
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just got back from a week here with my boyfriend.

The hotel is not that bad for what we paid, it's definitely a 3* but then we paid a 3* price! The receptionist is very polite and spoke very good English (you can't expect everyone to speak English and be able to understand you!). The other staff are extremely rude, honestly I've never known anything like it! They barely talk to you and act as though you are putting them out by asking for a drink! Our room was 207 and in the new block and it was fine - it had 2 single beds, a bathroom and a balcony - what more do you need? Beds are comfortable and sheets are clean. There is no air con but our room stayed quite cool. The shower was very powerful and the maids came in every day (although apart from make the beds and tidy up a bit I can't see what they did!). The hotel is not the cleanest but it's mainly dust rather than anything else. We had to pay extra to hire the safe and mini fridge and there would also be a charge for an iron and hairdryer but we had taken our own. The pool area is lovely and there are lots of Lizards and pretty flowers around - we only managed to get a sunbed on one day and that was because somebody left during the day and we nabbed theirs! People get up extremely early to reserve their sunbeds which is really annoying and the hotel should do something about it.

Food - The food was fine. Breakfast was fruit, cereal, pastries, toast, meat, cheese, eggs, bacon or sausage and beans or tomato. Lunch was soup, salad, bread rolls, Spanish omelette, there is a lot of rabbit, veal and pork but you cannot expect to go to a Spanish hotel and have English food! I am vegetarian and always found something to eat even if it was a bit samey, but the island as a whole does not cater for vegetarians at all so I was not surprised. The food was fine for my boyfriend who does eat meat and there is more than enough choice if you are willing to try different things and not too fussy. The drinks are plentiful and there is a good variety included in the all inclusive (cold drinks, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, beer, spirits, cocktails, juices). It is annoying that once the restaurant opens, the pool bar closes so you can't get a drink other than in the restaurant between 1-2:30 although I can't say it bothered us too much. We did eat out a few times and you can easily get a meal and drink each in the (very pretty) town for less than 30euros.

Location - it is on the hill so don't go here if you don't like to walk. There are quite a few steps down but it's a pleasant walk through gardens and waterfalls and there are benches along the way should you need to rest. Not too fun on the way back up, we walked it both ways twice but as a taxi only costs 3euros we really didn't think it was worth it. The town is very pretty and well worth a visit to walk around the very Spanish streets. The beach is tiny and black sand so not brilliant to be honest but worth going just for a change. There are no shops around the hotel and everything, and I mean everything, is in the town down the steps so be prepared to have to walk there for anything you might need.

Excursions - there is a man that comes into the hotel and he will book you on excursions which is a real plus point for the hotel. He speaks very good English and will sort everything out so if you want to do a couple of day trips then go and see him. My boyfriend and I visited Loro Parque which was absolutely fantastic and I can't recommend this enough! There is a free train to this down in the town so costs nothing to get there. We also visited Siam Park (a water park) in the South of the Island. We booked a transfer for this and was told it would take 1 hour 10 mins but it was actually more like 2 hours. even so, it was still worth a visit. It cost us 144euros to do both trips.

The one thing I would say is that staying in the North of the Island the weather was not great. It was cloudy every day - very warm but very cloudy. I'm not sure if this is typical for the North but it definitely put a bit of a downer on our visit. We did see some sunshine and particularly when we visited Siam Park the weather was brilliant.

Overall this hotel is average. I have paid less for a better hotel but because it cost us £400pp AI I cannot complain too much. The food is average, the staff are rude but you can't let it bother you and other than getting a drink you don't need to have anything to do with them, the room was adequate for what we wanted and the location was so so but we made the best of it. The 'entertainment' is shocking! There isn't a huge amount to do in Puerto De La Cruz, especially of an evening, so we wouldn't visit again. You have to take the hotel for what it is which is very basic, very cheap and a decent base for exploring the town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HayleyLaura2014
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend visited this hotel early July. The area itself is beautiful and the views from our room were amazing (stayed in 808) although I had heard some bad comments made from rooms below, our room was clean and functional apart from the odd plug socket. (cleaning staff do bare minimal)

Staff - work very hard and long hours so I can understand not having any time to talk but a smile does go a long way and some times I found them to be very rude.

Food - basic but always found something to eat. I wouldn't recommend all inclusive as eating and drinking out is soo cheep and much much nicer.

Pool- is lovely with stunning views once again. But no music of any sort or any entertainment which was promised a few times.

Entertainment - no music or terrible music in the bar unless the young Guy is working. Tuesday's they have a dj (average) and Saturday they have a key board player (awful)

I understand you get what you pay for but I have played the same money and had the same star rating for other hotels and had so so much more! If you don't compare it to anything else then it is what you make of it. But I would never recommend or stay in this "hotel" again!
Good luck to those who do.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel had fantastic views the food was average staff very rude and not helpful to english not very clean would definatly not be returning to this place no entertainment no free bus to front swimming pool not child friendly as very deep

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank deebsm
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived back this morning from a weeks stay at this place you call a hotel.

Food- horrible, stale, cold and not much variety
Rooms- basic, dusty needs a lick of paint
Staff- needs to learn to smile and use their manners. Never met a bunch of men so miserable in my life.
Snacks- not even supplied
For kids- I wouldn't dream of taking my kids here. No child's pool, no activities apart from a run down play area all rusty and doesn't look safe.
Entertainment- only witnessed a poorly dressed dj playing rubbish tunes
Hotel- needs a full refurbishment and re home the cockroaches living in people's rooms, the spiders in every corner of the walls, new seating in all areas, a carpet cleaner and some air freshener.
Reception- I didn't deal with much around this area but when I did I witnessed the staff on the desk asking the guests to please write a good review about the hotel cause they are all bad. A couple we met asked to keep their room longer as they wasn't being picked up till late wanted €10 but refused to pay but offered them the room exchanged for them to write a good review. To me that is bribery. What a JOKE.

The only decent thing/area of this hotel is the pool area minus the unpleasant men unbelievable stunning views, lovely refreshing swimming pool and the great people we met.

Will 100% return to puerto de la cruz avoiding this hotel at all costs.

Stayed: July 2014