“Excellent Base for price paid”

Apartments Pez Azul
Ranked #63 of 82 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Me and my friend stayed at this hotel last October and we couldn't have asked for more, especially for the price we paid. Clean and comfortable rooms and rooms were cleaned regularly. We were given a free late checkout and staff were very helpful. Little supermarket to the right of the hotel, where you can get fresh bread, milk etc. Free wifi was also a bonus! The only thing I would not recommend is the breakfast and the restaurant next to the super market is a good alternative.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank rockspebble

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

7 days with my cousin at this hotel and it was a pleasant surprize! The room and its cleaning service was flawless, the beds were nice and the kitchen tools enough for a weeks stay. Only negative part was that our room was on the chilly side. Would recommend!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank hippustuff
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This wasnt our first choice of hotel as Casa del sol was fully booked when we got there. Quite a result as Casa Del sol was in the middle of nowhere! At first glance it looks like many other Spanish hotels and it was. Probably no little change in appearance or decor since the 70's. Staff fairly nice. We went straight to our rooms and it was very basic but clean. The bathroom was also clean. Shower quite old. Good size balcony with a pool view. The TV only had one English channel which was sky news! On repeat it can do you head in a bit. The idea is not to watch tv constantly on holiday but if your self-catering and decide to stay in on night it would be nice to have at least a movie channel! Every other language except English which is a bit unfair. Breakfast was extremely basic and a bit cold. I except the holiday was very cheap but i don't understand why food cannot be homely and pleasant. We were glad we didn't go all inclusive. I would recommend self-catering as it is very cheap to eat out or use the supermarkets. Make sure you go do to the main front into the square. Lots of nice bars to eat and drink, shops, plus two lovely chapels. Not a place for the under 40's. Very pleasant for a relaxing week. No nice beaches either so make sure your hotel has a nice pool. If there had been English tv we would go back for exactly the same reason. A last minute booking at a very cheap deal. If you have a problem with fitness do not stay here as the hotel is up very high and over 138 steps up and down to the front.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank emma k
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Recently stayed at the Pez Azul apartments. Before our trip, we found several negative comments with regard to this place. However, my experience with this place is quite positive.

ROOM
Let's be honest, people book Pez Azul because it is cheap. Therefore, you should't expect to stay in the most beautiful property in Puerto de la Cruz. The apartment is basic but has good beds, an OK bathroom and a nice little kitchen. The furniture is old fashioned but you can stay in the spacious apartment comfortably. The apartment is clean although some parts of the room look a bit worn.

FOOD
We didn't eat in the restaurant and we didn't have breakfast. So I wouldn't know what the quality of the food is. I would recommend you to eat out, since Puerto de la Cruz has a wide variety of restaurants, both cheap and high quality. The city centre is located on a 10 minute walk.

OTHER
-The guests staying in Pez Azul are mostly older than 60 years old. This makes the place very calm.
- There is not a wifi signal in all parts of Pez Azul. We had no connection in our room, only on our balcony.

CONCLUSION
If you are looking for a cheap place to stay, Pez Azul is a good choice. However, don't expect a beautiful hotel with great service. This is not realistic for the price you are paying.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Elizabeth v
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We didn't pay much for our stay in 7 days in november 2013 so for the Price it was a very fine hotel. I saw one roach one day, but that's what to suspect in the south. We had breakfast included. it was ok but again you get what you pay for. We saw no children in the hotel. Most people were in the 40's or older. We didn't hear any noise from the traffic. It's not a new an fancy hotel but it is what to suspect from a 1970 hotel. I saw some old people in wheelchairs but that is not recomended since there is a lot of steps and hills to the Beach and restaurants. Me and my wife are in the 50's. We didn't expect much eccpt from a warm climate. We had rented a car for 3 days and the other days we saw the city and the parks in the nighborhood. I would recomend a trip to the Island and olso to stay at Pez Azul, but don't expect a luxury resort. I heard many complaning about the hotel but they forgot to tell that it was a wery cheap place to stay in. We will come back one day. Oh I forgot - the TV is bad. You pay 10 euro in deposit to get a remote to a tiny Tv with some spanish and german channels. Forget all about the TV

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kusti2014
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My main dissatisfaction with this place is the attitude of the staff and management.The management in this hotel are the rudest I have ever met, they never greeted or welcomed my partner and I and they acted inconvenienced if we asked for help finding a bus stop etc.- because of this we found it difficult to get our bearings on the place as we had noone to advise us on things to do/see in Peurto de la cruz.

The staff refused to give my partner back his 10euro deposit for the safe key (which costs 2euro per day on top of deposit) because he had thrown away the receipt despite them having a copy of the receipt in their own records. However it came to me getting very cross with them for them to give it back. What a scam!

They were so unhelpful it made being in an unknown place with no Spanish quite difficult!

We ended up leaving this establishment a day early due to how unwelcome we were made feel in this place. We went to a gorgeous place called Reveron Plaza which was the polar opposite of Pez Azul - A smile and a welcome goes a long way when you are trying to feel like you are on holiday.

The room we got was very unsatisfactory - tiny, dark, cramped and had a view of the carpark- right beside the noisy reception. There were stains on our pillows and the pillows were of VERY poor quality.

The pool gets little sun as it is in a shaded area for most of the day.
We had breakfast there - mainly breadrolls and cheese- not great. But it is only £5 for a full buffet and there are many drinks - teas/coffee available.
We walked through the dinner buffet twice but both times it looked inedible so we declined.

We were surprised to find that our room had two single beds as we had booked a double room but a male member of staff shrugged apathetically and told us all the rooms were like this so I wouldn't advise anyone looking for romance to stay here.The bed linen is scratchy and basic.
The furniture in the rooms is in no way comfortable.

My partner and I enjoyed our holiday immensely as we spent as little time as possible in the 'Pez Azul' resort.

We walked down to the lovely coast where there are lots of cute little restaurants and a lovely view of crashing waves.

There is a lovely place you can go to swim with children's pools & three massive adults pools & deck chairs - Its called a lagoon! It was beautiful- if you are looking to sunbathe/ swim- I would recommend this place!

Peurto de la Cruz is worth a visit for:
1:The Cute Coast Town
7: Icecream
8:Food & Drink
9:Shopping for bits & bobs
10: Relaxing

But if you are looking to feel welcomed and valued as a guest I advise you to go somewhere else to stay!
I had no confidence that the staff of Pez Azul would be helpful in the case of an emergency.
Pez Azul staff members act as if they in no way value their customers. They are rude, mocking and unhelpful and in summation couldn't give a toss if you enjoy yourself of not!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Feeneye4
Reviewed 31 December 2013

this was the noisiest hotel i have ever stayed in as the soundproofing is non existant .the food was a buffet and on the occasion that we tried it ,it was not edible the hotel is at the top of a hill so you have to be fairly fit to be able to walk to the front.The staff were like magicians and kept disappearing for an eternity at a time and the rom was not cleaned for 3 days and the bins not emptied at all overall a disappointing time catering mostly for germans

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple