I stayed at this hotel in October 2013 booking last minute as my original hotel was overbooked. Was a bit dubious as the location was far from the centre of Puerto Della Cruz & had to pay £60 extra for half board but my worries where unfounded. The hotel is out of the centre but there is a shuttle bus every hour with a 3 hour break after 1pm. This can be a bit crowded but one morning they did sent 2 buses.as there were so many people. The hotel is situated in a quiet area still being developed.. If you are given a room with pool view then the view is beautiful. There are 2 lifts but one was out of order which caused a few problems. So many trees there's a tennis club a short distance away, a hotel on a hill then mountain view of Mount Tiede. The pool area is very good and explore there area as there's a small bridge that leads to another garden area or another garden with a water fall or then a garden with tennis courts all with lovely trees The spa was very good and cost 9 euros with a 50% discount for over 55's. The food was excellent I do like the white fish they serve in Spain. There's lots of variation during the week but I would recommend to have a look around first before you choose. There was the usual trays of food then at one end a chef cooking either steak or fried chicken or pork or sea food. Then further along was another chef cooking more food. The drinks are reasonably priced and the restaurant has plenty of space. The chef cooked eggs and bacon so we could see it was all fresh at breakfast time but there's also cold cut of meat, cheeses, fresh fruit etc etc. My last day I discovered they served Champagne at breakfast time. You can walk to the town but walking back not recommended as its all uphill. If you walk a short distance there's a shopping mall opposite the botanical gardens. You can take the bus to the bus station from here or to Santa Cruz. The other guests where mostly German who I found very pleasant and friendly and Spanish who seemed to be in groups. Its 15 years since I was last in Tenerife when my children where young and we hired a car for 2 weeks and toured the island. I spent a great week here loved the hotel and my only complaint is I only stayed for 1 week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- diverhotel Tenerife Spa & Garden is located in a quiet and luxurious residential area of Puerto de la Cruz, very close to the Botanical Gardens and 2 miles from the artificial lake and swimming pools at the Martiánez complex. It is surrounded by a spectacular tropical garden of 3.7 acres and it offers stunning views of the Teide, the Orotava Valley and the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Onthebeach, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your diverhotel Tenerife Spa & Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacanaria Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Hotel Playacanaria
- Diverhotel Tenerife Spa & Garden Puerto De La Cruz