“Nice hotel, very good location”
Review of GF Noelia

GF Noelia
Ranked #35 of 80 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
Vantaa, Finland
“Nice hotel, very good location”
Reviewed 4 May 2011

For a 3 star hotel very nice, rooftop swimming pool with lots of sunbeds and no shade except under a parasol. Very conveniently located for rental car trips and also for the buses. A short walk to the old city and the beach. A big Corte Inglés supermarket just around the corner with a good selection of goods and good prices. Rooms were average, we had a very spacious room, with a balcony to the west facing a hotel and it's swimming pool. Rooms on the other side of the building did not have a very nice view (a big sports arena) and no sunshine during the day or evening. To find a parking space was something of a nightmare but we managed to succeed all 6 days that we had the car.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Falcoperegrinus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Kristiansand, Norway
Reviewed 17 June 2010

Chose this hotel in Puerto de la cruiz because it was in walking distanse to Loro parqe.
It was. Only a nice walk to the park. It was also only a short walk to the senter of the town and easy to get around without any need for a car or a bus.
Hotel room was ok but very thin walls and we could hear our nabo speaking in their room. Also the music some nights were playing late and kept me awake. Agree with the others that the water in the pool is only for vikings and I am not one of theme :)
We had breakfast at the hotel every day and it was ok. Did not eat any other meal there.
There are so many nice places to eat in town. Nice little shop in the entrece to the hotel. We bought mostly water there. One day we took the lokal bus - (the station is near by) to Orotava and that was a nice trip that I would recommend.
I think Puerto de la cruiz is a very nice town and i felt copletely safe walking around in town late at night. Mostly older people and families out enjoing the late evenings here.
I think Noelia Playa is an ok hotel to stay in for a visit to puerto de la cruise,

• Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank annemarit16
bonnie scotland
Reviewed 28 February 2010

Stayed in Puerto de la cruz many times , first at the Noelia playa
had spent an evening here as its well known for its entertainment
guy on keyboard to suit all ages but favored by S.C !
Hotel very nice & imaculately clean ,maid service every day , but only towels on request
need put in bath if you want to change !
The kitchen area is not the best in the bedroom area !
ok for making tea & snacks . Balcony good size as like bedroom & also has aircon !
The pool area is on the roof , personally loved it , has 2 levels with enough sunbeds
but the pool is Freeezzing but if you have weather like we did , its great for cooling down .
We were in P.D.L.C for carnival which has to be one of the best festivals there is here ,
a full week packed full of entertainment and is all free ! which ends with a massive street parade
& party in the street at plaza de charcol or at the harbour into the wee small hrs Amazing !
For this reason the noelia playa is an ideal location , 5 min walk to the playa jardine , 10 mins to
town centre & san telmo , so much to see & do in puerto , good food & wine & lots of sunshine !

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank fzzylizzy
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Reviewed 10 May 2008

Stayed here for 3 nights over the MayDay Bank Holiday, with reservation to include breakfast & evening meal.
Staff friendly. They were flexible too as regards the evening meal, which we could switch to lunchtime, if we preferred. Found our room on the 6th floor neat & tidy (two lifts available, just in case you were beginning to worry!), with a plate of fresh fruit placed on the table, complements of the hotel. A nice welcoming gesture, I have to say. Kitchen (very well fitted into a tiny space!) was reasonably well equipped but lacked a microwave & oven. The pool is located on the top floor - level 7. We only had a quick look (we were eager to get out & see Puerto), and it seemed fine, if sun-lounging was your thing. There was no-body in the pool at the time, which may verify the previous reviewers point about the chilly temperature.
Breakfast consisted of the usual fare (cereals, juices, toast, hot food, cold meats, fresh fruit, etc.). I did see beans & sausages one morning, however those expecting a traditional fry-up to be available may be disappointed somewhat.
While having stayed in other aparthotels with a wider variety of dishes on offer, the food at Noelia Playa was more than edible in our experience. Soup, a variety of salads, fish, pork, potatoes, pastas, rice, chicken, chips, etc., was available at evening meal. Vegetarians may find the range a bit limited though.
A considerable number of the guests staying in the hotel appeared to be made up of senior citizen groups from mainland Spain, which was refreshing from my point of view in the sense that it made the stay more authentic, even down to the musicians choice in the piano bar. ¡Olé!
One thing which we never came across before, and which may catch people out, is the fact that you have to pay to have access to the TV in your room (this consists of a 10 euro deposit, and then a tariff, from 1-3 days, 4-7, etc., etc.). There is a mini-market open as part of the aparthotel, and we found the prices very reasonable there, considering that some hotels sometimes see this as an opportunity to hike up prices & make a tidy sum.
So, in summary, a very enjoyable stay had in Puerto de la Cruz, with the help of Noelia Playa, and all at a very, very reasonable price. And whatever you do, do NOT miss Loro Parque when in the area. El "Must" de Canarias? Without a doubt.

• Liked — The location & cleanliness of room
  • Disliked — Limited variety in dishes
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank JohnC16
Ilkley
Reviewed 25 March 2008

We booked this hotel solely on the basis of the advertised 'heated pool on roof''. We knew the weather would be coolish in March and, liking to be active on holiday, fondly imagined ourselves swimming in the likes of the Havana rooftop pools, but without the long flight. Ha ha.
There are solar panels on the roof and wiring leading to the pump house but where the heat goes after that is anybody's guess, but it's definitely not the pool. Enquiries at reception revealed that the pool is heated 'by the sun' (well aren't they all, but the others don't advertise themselves as heated in that case) especially in March under the cloud attracted by Mount Tiede. I went in twice and had to go straight in a bath of hot water because I was blue! Bitter disappointment that and I should think other people are disappointed too. Technically this is misrepresentation.
Apart from that the hotel is in a good position -no one else mentioned how near it is to Loro Park, one of the best zoos in Europe -5 mins walk- and the rest of the town. Don't eat there though - soggy veg and dry fish al la works canteen. Beds were large but what is in them ? They creak so much they wake you up!
Apart from that the place was OK. Average clean hotel.

• Liked — Convenient access to cultural, leisure and adventure activities.
  • Disliked — Freezing pool misrepresented as heated. I am really narked about that. . . .
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank syko24
private
Reviewed 20 September 2007

Overall I agree with the previous review, although I had no problems with AC and never touched the tv anyway... The beds were a bit hard for my taste and very squeaky (I woke myself up every time I rolled over!) but that is really my only complaint. The kitchenette was clean and well-equipped. The staff was so nice that we decided on the spot at check-in to book an additional night instead of spending our last night further south at one of the more flashy locations (such as Los Cristianos). And although it was high season, and at first we were told we might have to switch rooms for the last night, they managed to juggle things so that we didn't - way to go!
As for the pool, who needs it? It was an easy 5-10 minute walk to Playa Jardin (although I personally might hesitate to take kids to a beach in Tenerife, where apparently bikini tops are an option most ladies ignore...). Ditto for food - so many restaurants to choose from!
So in short, if Puerto de la Cruz is your kind of resort and you want an affordable place with great location, nice clean rooms, friendly staff and not bothered about a pool then Noelia is a good choice.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
5 Thank kitronit
lancs
Reviewed 8 June 2007

Just arrived back from noelia, I have been to Puerto de la cruz, too many times to remember,since I was 12 weeks old, and am nearly 30! So I knew what to expect from the resort, it is beautiful to me, lovely people,scenery,food,weather can be cloudy but was in 30s every day while I was there (29/05/07-07/06/07). Anybody wanting major nightlife, puerto isnt the place, want a relaxing holiday with good inexpensive food and lots of nice shopping it is!
Anyway, back to the hotel!! I planned holiday for a while, reading reviews and going direct on hotels in puertos websites, it was between two, el tope and here, i went for the noelia due to the sites photos, was a bit dissapointed.
Stayed in a studio,cannot fault the room, apart from two things...The aircon leaked if you left it on too long,and the tv you had to pay for, which it does not state anywhere on any advertising,naughty!!
The pool and food were my major dissapointment, took my 9 month old daughter, and really wanted to take her swimming, but couldnt..I am no softy but the pool was FREEZING, I dont mean a bit cold, it took me nearly five minutes to get my whole body in! I have never known a pool like it! even when the weather was hot, it was cold! plus in desperate need oof painting, the paint peeling at bottom, doesnt make you want to get in!!
Now the food....oh no!! I woul be here all day, lets say if you dont like ham, mayo, chips, veal,dry fish,chicken nuggets, soggy veg..you are in for a dissapointment!! I am not being mean this is all that was on ofer for the nine days, the same ingredients, just made a bit differenly..you also got breakfast remanants(bacon, egg) in the servings for dinner, I got to the stage i lived on salad, apart from going to my fave place to eat at lunchtime!
Cannot fault the staff, helpful, friendly, made my daughter so welcome,fussed over her, put her in highchair..they were lovely!!
I cant say I would go again, which is a shame as apart for the pool,food and aircon, is a nice place!!
Not great for kids, in a lovely situation not far from town.
My opinion, if you are wanting a place to stay that is convenient access to town and beach, want to go b/b or s/c and not bothered about a pool is great, if want more from your hotel,then it isnt

• Liked — the friendly staff, convenient location and views
  • Disliked — food, pool
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank petal123