“A long way from the centre !”

Hotel Diamante Suites
Ranked #24 of 80 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
Bradford, United Kingdom
“A long way from the centre !”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is not a Hotel for those who do not like walking ! It is situated on top of a hill towards the Loro Parque end of Puerto de la Cruz and though I am fit & healthy & live in the hilliest part of Yorkshire I found it a tiring walk back in heat of 32C. It takes approx 20 to 30mins to walk back from the sea front with the last part either up several flights of steps or a steep hill ! There is a Hotel bus but it was often full though I managed to get on one day by arriving 10mins early & asserting myself among the mainly German clientele ! However taxis are cheap & the trip back never cost more than 4 euros from any part of the main town.
The rooms are spacious,clean & airy but the TV(if you need it) only shows Spanish or German programmes & the fridge wasn't all that powerful though it did manage to chill water if left in overnight.
This is supposed to be an Adults Only Hotel but the last 5 nights I was there a Spanish family with 3 boys under 10yrs old took over the room next to me and were incredibly noisy--the walls don't seem to block out any sounds at all ! As the Hotel was half empty I presume they were taking anyone in to meet their overheads.
The pool is much smaller than it appears on the photos and even with the Hotel half empty there were not always enough sun loungers to go round...but the view from the sun terrace is amazing!

Room Tip: Don't get a room over the entertainment area (917, 919 etc) as its very noisy. The road side is...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maggie H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 19 October 2012

The hotel is old and dated but extremely well maintained and very clean. We had a junior suite, sparsely furnished but ok. No English Channel on tv, but no worries about that.
We had an all inclusive deal, breakfast was poor, really poor but lunch and dinned although basic and repetitive was tasty and well presented. The dining room needs a complete overhaul. It felt like eating in an institution!
However all praise to thd staff, front of desk, housekeeping, bar staff. All of them were accommodating , helpfuland cheerful.
The hotel was not very full, just as well as the pool area is woefully inadequate for more than 40 guests, but once again although everything very old it was well maintained.
Overall ok for a short break and value for money .

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank liannema
UK
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I booked this hotel as I had seen it from the outside many times before and I had stayed in a sister hotel which was ok. After I booked it I then read the Trip Advisor reviews and I felt I had maybe made a mistake!

However, I am pleased to say, I didn't. The communal areas of the hotel are great, well maintained and of a high standard. The rooms are fine, perhaps just indeed of a freshen up in terms of a re-paint. The rooms are split into a living area (with a good size fridge, sofa, tv (though no English channels), and ample storage space. The bedrooms have two twin beds that can be pushed together to make a good size double. The beds are comfy and the pillows are too. The bathroom is well maintained with everything in working order (I was worried about a rusty bath after reading previous reviews, but the bath was fine). Bidet, toilet, bath with shower head, double sink, hair dryer and wall mounted magnified round mirror. Lots of complimentary shower gels, shampoo etc.

In the living room there is a large wardrobe (as well as a good sized one in the bedroom). In one side of the wardrobe I was pleased to find a new filter coffee maker, toaster, two cups and saucers and a microwave.

The living room and bedroom both have air con (free of charge) which cools things down really well- though the bedroom air con was not as effective as the living room.

The hotel offers a regular shuttle bus into Peurto de la Cruz, though the last bus back to the hotel is 7.30pm.

You can pay for use of the safe, 3 euros a day or 15 euros for a week. Wifi is additional also, priced at 5 euros for 24 hours. You can also use wifi for free between the hours of 1.00 and 3.00pm.

The pool is smaller than it looks on the website, but it is still a good size. A nice pool bar is also next to the pool, as well as a life guard (reassuring to know!!)

Outside is a private balcony, with two chairs and a table( good solid chairs too!). My balcony had a sea view and if you can look beyond the rubble below, it is great!

All in all- I booked two nights here initially and was bending staying at friends the rest of my stay- I've just booked a further 3 nights as its so nice here. I booked through Alpha Rooms for the initial two nights and then Travel Republic for the last 3 nights. Travel republic was slightly cheaper.

I've stayed in two other hotels in the past in Peurto (Interpalace, Gran Turquesa) and I can honestly say, this one is the best and the cheapest!!!

Room Tip: I can only go on my room, which was in the 8th floor- great view and quiet!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
24 Thank sparklewhizz
Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The hotel is like the another hotels in this town furnished in rustic style.I prefer modern style, but i puerto cruz were no choice. I have finally decided for this one because its suite hotel. Room seemed a little shabby to me at the beginning, but I got used to it. See view was nice, food good, especially Canarien recipes - paella and fish every evening. Just better behaviour of restaurant staff would be appropriate and wine/beverage list was missing. I felt like I am staying in well operated 3 stars hotel.

Room Tip: Advise see view and upper floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank MeggyBrno
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This was our 13th visit and the staff say the Diamante is our second home and treat my wife and I as friends.
The food is good and plentiful with friendly waiters.
Our suite although getting a bit "tired" was always kept clean and tidy and linen changed regularly.
The understength bar staff worked very hard to serve customers promptly.
Along with all hotels, cutbacks severely affected the entertainment programme which apart from the wonderful Trio Atabara and keyboard maestro Francisco Chico was pretty poor which I felt was a shame as people went elswhere and profits in bar sales were lost.
Once again what attracts us so many times is the lovely hotel but most of all the people, most of which we all know and they know us.
Gracias Amigos Bill & Ann UK

Room Tip: The choice is yours on one hand is the majestic Mount Teide views with some traffic noise which yo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Yorkies145
Leominster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is the 4th time we have stayed in the Diamante Suites hotel in Tenerife.
The staff are wonderful, always very friendly and mostly will do their best for the guests.
The food was not as good as previous years, we felt the staff were a little stressed with too much to do. The rooms are very nice, maybe could do with a little refurbishment.
The reception staff are particularly friendly and helpful.
A table tennis table would be a good addition.
We will certainly go back again, infact we have booked again for next year. can't wait to go!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the mountain are noisier but always get the sun, the rooms with full sea view never get...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jane D
Southampton
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Have just arrived back from this Hotel 13/04/2012. We stayed at this Hotel for one week Half Board. The hotel was welcoming at first, rooms were adequate and clean, although the towels and pillowcases were old and raggy but clean. This is a prodominantly German hotel. The first evening we realised we had made a mistake when we saw the poor food. There was only a choice of two luke warm dishes - fish or chicken stew, veg was tinned and salty, there were chips and icecream or fruit and rock hard rolls, but this was very basic economy food. Not really the quality you would expect from a 4star hotel. The food did pick up a little, later in hoilday (or did we just get used to it? ) but not much. The glum faces of the other guests said it all really. But we didnt go hungry. The next day we ventured to the beach, which was supposed to be nearby, down a very very steep hill across two busy roads and eventually we came to the black sand beach, it was ok, medium size, not crowded, we sat for a while, comtemplating our journey back up and up that hill, oh dear, this will be a chore, Idea! hire a car 90 euros 3 days brill. You have to make the best of a bad job, enjoyed the scenery and visited Siam water park, very good if you like waterparks, visited LoroParque really good shows with dolphins and whales a good day out 33 euros each. Visited Los Gigantes, a long way for us, 1.1/2 hours drive up steep hills no kerbs, nerve racking drive -but a beautiful isolated spot lovely atmosphere and peaceful, this would have been a good holiday destination, charming. Holiday was ok not the best, we wont be coming back, but made the best of it. By the way the pool is tiny not like the picture but ok. Good luck

Room Tip: we had rooms 627 and 629, these had NO rust spots on the baths, good clean rooms and overlooking sea...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family