We've booked the hotel as it looked it has nice children facilities. We went there December-January 2012 and we were prepared that we will use inside pool, as the outside ones are not heated. We also wanted Kids Club for our 3.5 years old son.
The food was nice and the hotel staff was nice, especially at the restaurant. The room was nice, specioaus and clean, but ....
The hotel had children facilities, soft play and playground, but it was only us and maybe 2-3 more families with children. The rest were people over 60. The Kids Club was only 2 days a week, on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Beacuse we arrived on Thursday afternoon and left Thursday morning, it was only 1 day for us. We stayed with our son, as he was under 4 and saw how this Kids Club looks like. It was one girl. Completely not prepared. She was late. When she came, there 2 other children. She gave them some colouring papers and left them unattended and went to get some chairs!!! Surely she shoudl preper that before. She left the children unlocked, close to the swimming pools, on the indoor playground with high climbing frame, where everyone has an access. The animation team, we saw there, was actually only one person!!! The eveing entertaiment was poor.
The indoor pool was only open for hotel guests only at certain time during a day. You need to wear swim hats, which looks to me as the owners (it's a separate compeny from the hotel) are too lazy to change the water often enough. The staff of the pool is very rude!!!
3 days before our leaving, there were a lots of woggles and everyone was using them. Day after (2 days before our leaving), there was only one and 1 lady was using it. We asked her, where did she get it from and she told us, there is a room and she said we can get it from there. Door where open and no information there was a private area, so my husband went there to get one woggle for our 3 years old son. When the lady from the reception of the pool saw that, she started to run to my husband and she was shouting. Instead of saying, sorry you are not allowed, it's priavte she was shouting and she was agressive, trying to take away a wobble from my husband by force. My husband gave it back, but we refused to wear swim hats, until the lady apologise to us (apparently it was the owner';s wife - feel sorry for him). They called the owner and he instead of showing some class and try to resolve the problem, started to insult my husband!!!! He called him a clown and big man with small brain!!!! He was also suggesting my husband was on drugs or he was drunk!!!! And all he wanted was an apology for a rude behaviour of the pool staff. The owner of the pool tried to scare us, that we will be kicked out of the hotel with 7 months old baby !!!! At the end, my hsuband just left the pool, becuse there was noone to have a proper discussion, we didn't get an apology and we were told, we are not allowed to use an indoor pool anymore. The manager of the hotel said, he will talk to the pool staff, but we didn't get any apology at all. Very dissapointng for a 4 star hotel!!!! If I were the hotel manager, I would think twice if I want to work with people like that, beacuse if the owner of the pool has no class (and runnig fitness, he is not fit at all), treats hotel guests very badly, it gives bad experience for the whole hotel!!!! And to be honest we should get a refund for the time we weren't able to use an idoor pool, as we paid for it !!!!!! Don't go there, if you want your children to avoid dissapoinment. Our son thought it was the worse holiday ever. We think, it was a waste of money!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acclaimed Hotel in Puerto de la Cruz and located almost 100 metres from Playa Jardín, one of the last projects by Canarian artist César Manrique. The Gran Hotel Turquesa Playa offers a wide range of services which cover the needs of all our clients. Our Welcoming facilities, including our Wifi spot, will satisfy all kinds of clients, adults and children, since we have all the necessary qualities to make your stay with us comfortable and enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gran Hotel Turquesa Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gema Turquesa Playa Hotel
- Turquesa Playa Hotel
- Gran Turquesa Playa Hotel
- Gran Hotel Turquesa Playa Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz