Young couple on a full board and loved every bit of it. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were delicious.. There was always something tasty on the buffet. I especially loved their Croquetas and would reccommend trying them. Wines were decent and went well with food, cocktails at the bar meant strong business.
It was buzzing with guests of all ages and ethnicities. And by the way, the retired were the most fun! Pool table, live music, loads of activities. We didn't try the spa but went swimming in the outdoor pool. Long walks by the sea front are a must...the winter waves were breathtaking.
We had a room on the 6th floor with a sea view, bath tub with jacuzzi jets which were awesome surprise! The room was always cleaned to perfection and even our monkey teddy (bought from The monkey Park: totally reccommend visitting) was loved and cared for =D The furniture was quality walnut, retro looking, comfortable bed, with enough space to do my own yoga and a balcony with chairs and tables, even a clothes line to hang up the wet bits.
Staff was friendly, waiters working round the clock but still had a relaxed and down-to-earth, family atmosphere to them. We had an early breakfast once, and to our surprise, the whole buffet was set up at 6am, just for 3-4 guests!
The following is about the tourist agency, not the hotel: [I wouldn't reccommend the tourist agency located in one of the offices at the front of the hotel. We bought a trip to teide mountain and cable car when the staff knew the cable cars were not running due to strong winds! We ended up waiting for about 4 hours until the agent returned to the office to give us our cable-car money back! It was a tourist trap, couldn't really enjoy the view and insane mars-looking sights as we only had 10 min. here and there and back onto the bus again.. just trapped in a rolling vehicle with 40 tourists and a guide talking (what seemed like forever) in spanish and german, and translating a phrase in english we could barely understand cause it made no sense! And frankly, she didn't say anything remotely interesting, only managed to promote and promote and promote their junk tour offers! It was a recipe for headache and exhaustion. If you want to see Teide mountain properly, make sure you' re getting a decent deal or rent a car.]
Overall, it's a beautiful hotel...
We wish we were there right now! We'd go back in a heartbeat!
Thank you Gran Hotel Turquesa Playa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acclaimed Hotel in Puerto de la Cruz and located almost 100 metres from Playa Jardín, one of the last projects by Canarian artist César Manrique. The Gran Hotel Turquesa Playa offers a wide range of services which cover the needs of all our clients. Our Welcoming facilities, including our Wifi spot, will satisfy all kinds of clients, adults and children, since we have all the necessary qualities to make your stay with us comfortable and enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Gran Hotel Turquesa Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gema Turquesa Playa Hotel
- Turquesa Playa Hotel
- Gran Turquesa Playa Hotel
- Gran Hotel Turquesa Playa Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz